Thread: Error on my nokia E51 & E71 phone when updating Symantec mobile security

Error on my nokia E51 & E71 phone when updating Symantec mobile security

Hi friends, I am a nokia user from many years, currently I have two cell phones with me right now i.e. nokia E51 and nokia E71 which are working properly till now thanks to Symantec mobile security in it. But now I am facing a problem with my Symantec mobile security, I am not able to update it without the up to date virus definition there might be a possibility of virus entering into my cell phone. Above that I am getting an error message i.e. “the update file could not be interpreted” I just don’t know what is the reason for it can anyone please give a solution

Re: Error on my nokia E51 & E71 phone when updating Symantec mobile security

Hi there as you said you are using a nokia cell phone with Symantec mobile security in it as you are having a Symantec virus definition in your cell phone there is no way virus entering your mobile but the problem of your not being able to update might be because you might be trying to update it with mobile net there might be a possibility there mobile net is not allowing you to download it .you should try to plug the mobile to the USB and then download it

I am also a nokia user having Symantec mobile security in it,I also faced the same problem with the update not being able to download the reason for it might be you might not been downloading the updates properly if any such kind of problem comes you should first visit the official site of your product and check for any solution given in it ,there is always an update file available on the official site so rather than visiting some other sites do visit official sites only

As your problem is you are not able to download the updates of your Symantec mobile security one of the reasons might be that your license might have been expired .it is necessary that you register your license at the official site(click here to open) to generate a new license file if it was not included in your license certificate. It could also be a case that your current support contract but had a trial license key installed in the software .it is necessary that you register to get a new license key

These are normally the case in mobile phones, the license file in your program might have been deleted of might have been corrupted, it is necessary for you to reinstall the license .there is no necessitate to worry as you have registered you can re-download the file from licensing portal account the license was registered in. you can re log on to your account and download the file again. If then also you are not able to download it is better that you contact a mobile professional or go to nokia gallery and ask them to solve your problem