Thread: Webcam and microphone not working on Sony VAIO VGN-FW270J

Webcam and microphone not working on Sony VAIO VGN-FW270J

I am using Sony VAIO VGN-FW270J laptop. It has Windows XP on it. I have to chat with my friends on Google Talk. But somehow the mic stopped working. I am using a headphone that is not having any mic in it. I thought the one which is no the laptop will work really well. But it is not. I am unable to chat with my friends. There is no sound at all. I am able to hear other people. How can I fix this thing.

Go in Start > Programs > Accessories > and look for sound recorder here. It might be under entertainment. Click on that. Try to record something. If the you are unable to get any audio then you have to install the mic drivers. You can download the audio driver from the official site of laptop manufacturer. It is easy to find. Just re-install the entire driver thing back again and check back. That is the easiest way to fix the problem you are facing.

Go in Control Panel and go in the Sound section. See whether the audio device is working fine or not. Most of the time when the system is unable to detect audio hardware and you get this kind of problem. So you just have to install the right drivers to fix the issue. Go in Device Manager and see whether all the audio hardware is properly installed. If it is not then you have to add it back again. If nothing works then just use a headphone that has a mic in it.