Thread: Emachines D620 is not getting started

Emachines D620 is not getting started

Hello everyone just a small piece of advice that I would like to ask it from you all. See i have Emachines D620 portable computer. Lately I opened it up, because it needed some sort of cleaning, so after having cleaned it up, I just put it back together and now i was not able to start it. It is not responding at all, so I thought might be it is not charged up so i plug in the charger and no leds light up believe me there are no signs of life, so what could i have done wrong here? Could it be the battery issue or something else please let me know about it.

Re: Emachines D620 is not getting started

Ok in that case then I would advise you to just check out the flat ribbon cable that you can see coming out from the motherboard and see if it has got damaged or not and if yes then try replacing that cable it would be of good help for you so that’s what I was trying to say here, just open up the case and do some experimentation that will be of good help for you, so hope you have understood the solution correctly work on it that will be beneficial for you.

If I was you then I would have checked all connections. If not once then double checked it. I would have also made sure that nothing gets damaged in the process. If everything is good and still if it is not getting started then i would have removed the battery and then unplug the power adapter. now hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then plug power back in and try to power on. That will be a much better option for you. So go ahead and give a try to the method that I have suggested here see it will be beneficial for you.

Ok thanks for your quick and a prompt reply that you all have given here. yes i have checked the motherboard and there does not seem to be any physical damage to the cable which goes to the power button so that's not a issue here. one more thing that i would like to say here is that you have given the method of holding up the power button of the device so i need to know what does that exactly do will it give me some in roads to my problem please do specify about the same here.

You can check to see if the voltage is coming through the DC power connector to the board with a simple multimeter. Just check the 19v or whatever your power supply has a capacity of at pins connected to the motherboard DC power outlet. you must get to the pins of the right to address them. As you hold down the power button to drain any remaining energy of the plate, which resets the power management chips. There is a common problem when this is necessary after the laptop goes to sleep then usually start a backup. One last suggestion would be to ensure that offenders are caught screws on the board making the short term.

Thanks for the same yes I will surely check the power supply and even I am convinced with your answer I hope I have got my perfect solution here so lets hope that works out for me anyways thanks for recommending about the solution for me, so appreciate your efforts for the same. I will soon get back to you once i get through my solution ok so thanks a ton for it appreciate your efforts for the same.