Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Upgrading graphic card on Sony Vaio VGN-FW235J

Portable Devices

Old 29-05-2011

Upgrading graphic card on Sony Vaio VGN-FW235J

Hello friends I am having a Sony Vaio VGN-FW235J laptop ,I am having some problems with the graphic card and I wanted to replace the graphic card of my laptop for that I just wanted to know is the graphic card of my laptop hard wired to the motherboard or not if not then till how much extent can I be able to upgrade the graphic card if possible can anyone help me out in getting a good graphic card for my laptop and if possible please let me the serial number of the graphic card with full details of where can I get it so it would be a bit easier for meÖ.

Old 29-05-2011

Re: Upgrading graphic card on Sony Vaio VGN-FW235J

I am really sorry for you because your model does not have a MXM slot in it, most of the laptops cannot have their graphic card replaced unless it has an MXM slot in it which is not available in your model, that is why before buying any laptop you should always check that is the laptop is having an MXM slot in it, if not donít buy it because you would not be able to upgrade the graphic card in it. There might be some solution provided by Sony so if possible I will suggest you to call them and ask for some solution
Old 29-05-2011

Yes, laptops graphic cards are normally soldered which is not the case in desktops. Software prevents the game from running unless 3D graphics meet the minimum requirement. There are many games in market with high graphic requirements so people buying laptops today might be outdated tomorrow with low graphic requirements, Sadly, you can't upgrade your laptopís graphic card That is why most gamers short on dough opt for a desktop instead of a very pricy laptop because it canít be updated.
Old 29-05-2011

There are some laptops in which you can upgrade the graphic card Alienware is one of laptops company in which you would be able to do it .but the cost for replacing the graphic card is much higher than that compared to changing the graphic card of desktops and above that the upgradation of the graphic card in alien ware can be provided by the company and not by yourself. the reason you canít upgrade it in your laptops is that laptops have custom form factor cards and they fit in the case and each one is custom made to fit the laptop and also in some cases they come with custom drivers so you also canít update the drivers too from ATI or Nvidia

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,