Thread: How to Remove the softmod on an xbox 360 ?

How to Remove the softmod on an xbox 360 ?

Hi, I was having a xbox 360, but suddenly it stops , and I am planning to buy the same system from my friend, that he has soft modded, actually he has replaced a DVD drive firmware. If I were to simply replace his hard drive with one I already own from a previous xbox that wasn't modded at all, so would the xbox will work in the same manner or will be still be modded. I have tried too much to find the solution on internet also, but couldn’t find any such solution, and in fact I don’t want test it myself if it turns out to be still modded. Need suggestion what should I do ?

Re: How to Remove the softmod on an xbox 360 ?

See, first of all I would suggest you to don’t buy the second had system, in fact where you’re willing to buy at least. My recommendation is to buy a gaming console from the Sony that’s the PS3, I hope you must be aware about it. It has a many good functions included in it, then why to buy such a old console, where you can buy a very good new console, and I am really not sure about the modded hardware, that it will work perfectly.

I am wondering that why you want to remove the softmod that he has done, as for that you have to bother little bit with the Xbox live and many other things, such as you may have to visit the service center perhaps, instead I would like to suggest you that don’t do such a thing that make it of no use rather stick with the modded one, as I am right now, and even though you change the hardware, that’s what you have mentioned, like you’re about to change the hard drive of the system, I’d say it would not help you anyway.

I would suggest you that don’t buy the old system, though you are getting it in a less amount, but buy the new one, at least you won’t have to be troubled about modded hardware, and off course you’ll not going to get any warranty after buying from him, so if suppose you change the hard drive and it is stopped working, then you’ll do? Rather I would recommend you to buy the new one only.

If your friend had did some modification in the software itself then it was not that concern able issue, because for that you can simply uninstall the software that he has installed, but here it is the hardware that is actually modified, even though you change the hard drive which is not modded ever, still the xbox will function as moded only.