Thread: Sound is not working in Sony vaio pcg-71312L

Sound is not working in Sony vaio pcg-71312L

I have purchased the pcg-71312L model of Sony vaio. It was a gift to my daughter. The laptop was working properly and I was not facing any issues with this laptop. But before two weeks my laptop sound suddenly stopped working. Actually my daughter forgot to remove headphone from laptop and it remained as it is form more than 1week and I don’t know what she had done but after that there is no sound in my laptop. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Sound is not working in Sony vaio pcg-71312L

I have gone through your issue and I think you are facing this problem because your sound setting. As you have said that your headphone was in your laptop for more than one week that is why your sound setting may be get affected due to that and after removing your headphone also your audio setting remained same as headphone is inserted. That is why first check after inserting the headphone whether sound is coming or not? If it is not coming then you have to do proper setting.

I have gone through your issue and I think you should try to solve the problem by doing following steps. First uninstall the sound drivers from your laptop and after that restart your laptop. Now after restarting the laptop you have to insert the driver cd of your laptop which normally comes with your laptop. After inserting that install the sound driver again. Now after doing that you will not find any difficulties with your laptop. I hope my solution will be helpful to you.

I have read above replies and after that I have tried to solve the problem b y following all the steps. First I tried to solve the problem by doing all the necessary changes in my audio setting but that idea didn’t helped me to solve my problem. After that I also tried to solve the problem by removing the drivers and installing it again in my laptop. But after that also I am still not getting any sound. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. any help will be appreciated.

As you have suggested your problem in your post according to that i8 would like to tell you that in VPCEB3 Series Notebook headphone jack is given in front right corner. I think your jack is broken and that is why you are facing that problem. First check that whether your jack is broken or not? If it is broken then repair it. I think after doing that you will not get any issue. I hope my information will be helpful to you and you will be able to solve the problem.