Thread: Sony Vaio SandyBridge is overheating

Sony Vaio SandyBridge is overheating

My friend has purchased the Sony Vaio SandyBridge laptop. I saw this laptop is very pretty. It’s configuration is amazing. It has 3 GB RAM, Core i5 processor 500 GB hard disk. It’s performance is very good. I like it this laptop. Yesterday he got some with his laptop. His laptop is getting overheat. He asked me about this problem but I didn’t get the problem. Because I use the personal computer. I know about the personal computer not laptop. So I want to know that, why is his laptop getting over heat? Please post here the genuine answer.

Re: Sony Vaio SandyBridge is overheating

Are you capable to get the case off the computer to observe if the fan is actually revolving? It could also be blocked up with dirt or being blocked by something. On some laptops it is an issue of taking out a only some screws and the case comes to be separate while other laptops have a lot weak snap on plastic parts which are harder to take apart. You should refer to your manual or Sony website; they should have figures that demonstrate you how to open up the laptop. Follow the steps the open your friend’s laptop very carefully and clean the fan of the laptop. I am sure your problem will be solved.

I would like to suggest you the first thing you need to do is to find some compressed air fans from your nearest Sony supply center. Be confident to grip the can upright and entirely evacuate all cooling vents and passageway. Be thorough. You can utilize an air compressor with a syringe, but ensure there is a moisture removal system on the compressor. And if your laptop’s fan is working properly. Then this type of problem never comes. But if your system is under warranty then you should check up at the service center.

Well, did you observe that your cooling fan is working or not? It is very simple you can just will touch the laptop where is cooling fan is to be built in your system. If it will be working the you will feel it’s sound. If it is not working the it’s stopped that’s why it is getting overheat. If you know about the hardware then you can clean. But if you know about then don’t take risk. You should contact at the Sony service center. I think this best option for you if your system is in under warranty.

Thank you so much, I am glad I got a forum where I can with no trouble get answers for my problems. in the meantime I turned 1 main off, what assisted a little bit, but the core problem remains, and the laptop is still noisy and warm. Also thanks for replying; I will execute it and post some updates when I did this things. Don’t worry I have this problem before one month but now still I have gotten the hints of this problem. Very soon I’ll post the solution in this forum.