Thread: Sony Vaio PCG-5G3L not functioning well after windows 7 installation

Sony Vaio PCG-5G3L not functioning well after windows 7 installation

I am using the Sony Vaio PCG-5G3L laptop. It has Windows 7 in it. When I had bought this system it came with Windows Vista. I had upgraded to Windows 7 after that looks to be working fine. But somehow the system is very slow. Later on I had installed a few update and the system crashed. It is not booting now. I am unable to get any thing on the screen. I was able to get in the safe mode but the webcam, microphone, SD card reader, etc nothing is working.

Re: Sony Vaio PCG-5G3L not functioning well after windows 7 installation

It looks Windows 7 is not compatible with your system. Due to which you are getting this problem. You have to re-install Windows Vista back again in your system. You might have got the installation disc with the laptop. You have to use it and re-install everything back again or else it is not going to work. If you did not receive any disc then check in the system there will be a hidden partition.

You might have installed wrong drivers due to which you are getting this issue. You have to find the right drivers to so that all hardware in your system is working well. You can find that on the official site of Sony. If there are not separate drivers available for Windows 7 then you cannot install it. You will have to stick with Windows Vista only. Just run the compatible drivers and check back.

The best thing I will recommend you is to restore your system back to its original state. Do not attempt to use any new OS if there is a serious hardware problem in your system. You might be able to get the OS but there can be constant blue screen. I had gone with this problem on Windows XP pc. I am unable to use Windows 7 due to incompatible drivers.

If you want to restore your pc back to its original state then just run system recovery. This will restore the old OS back. If you want Windows 7 on it then you have to use Windows Upgrade Adviser. This tool will give you information whether Windows 7 is going to work on your system or not. If you get a message that it is not compatible then you have to skip the installation. But it allowed then you can surely install.