Thread: Sony Vaio F series Touchpad not working properly.

Sony Vaio F series Touchpad not working properly.

I have purchased a Sony f-series laptop last week. This is very awesome laptop. It’s configuration is really very good. It looks and size is very pretty. It was working very well. But I have got some problem. Yesterday I was playing game now suddenly it’s touchpad is stopped to work. Then I restarted the system two times. But it didn’t fix the problem. Please tell me what’s problem in my laptop? Will I have to go service center or it will be fix by me?

Re: Sony Vaio F series Touchpad not working properly.

Well I read your problem. This not a major issue. You can fix this problem. First of all you will run at least one the driver CD of your laptop. Because sometime it happens due to driver of your touchpad. After running the driver you will follow the some steps. First you will follow this Edit /etc/default/grub to include GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="i8042.nopnp". Then after you will go into the run then there you will type “sudo update-grub” after this you will reboot your system. Then may be your problem will be fixed.

I had same problem with my Sony Vaio F series. But now my problem will be solved. First I formatted the C drive. Then I installed fresh OS. Then after I installed the all the driver. Then I restarted the system. Then I saw that my touch pad was working properly. Because this will come due to virus. Virus corrupt the drivers file. That’s why it stops the working. You will this process if your problem will be existed then you can go the service center. Because I think your laptop is in under warrant if you purchased last week.

The issue was fixed. The Sony tech changed the touchpad, but the similar issue happened (i.e. the new touchpad did not work). After attempting a number of times, I understood it was the power cord. When the power cord was disconnected and laptop utilized the battery power and then I saw touchpad worked. I bought a knock-off power supply cord not from Sony center. Obviously this could contact the touch pad. I saw after this touchpad was working properly.

Hey. I have also laptop. My Packard Bell touchpad blocked functioning unexpectedly. I turn off my laptop, removed battery for a few minute; I push and grip the initiate button for 15 seconds. And changed the battery. Initiate the laptop. Then after I saw my touchpad is working well again!!! Therefore if your touchpad has blocked functioning. I suggest you that first of all you have to do these steps. Doing the similar thing I done. If your problem is like me then it will be really solve.