Thread: Opera Mini 6 for iOS

Opera Mini 6 for iOS

Hi all of you here I have started this thread just to know whether the opera mini 6 is meant for iOS or not. I mean I am using the iPhone and the operating system is iOS and also you people must knowing that it also used in iPad and iPod. So please respond to this query and let me know whether the same is applicable or runs on my phone or not. And if it does then please tell me the different features of the same so that I can get detailed information about it.

Re: Opera Mini 6 for iOS

I have been playing with the new version and, apart from the font size problem (which is pretty much a showstopper in some cases like my exercising in the gym and reading some Web pages at the same time), found it excellent. Will definitely get a „Highly recommended!” recommendation in my forthcoming full iOS Web browser roundup, which I soon publish at iPhone Life. lower memory consumption than with ANY Safari-based browser. You can safely load even 35-40 pages. What is even better, I've never encountered situations of it either crashing because of memory shortage or quitting while minimized.

The latter is simply great for people that frequently send it to the background. The latter operation results in very frequent crashes even on the 512MByte RAM-equipped iPad 2, even with 2-3 pages (tabs) open in 360 Browser or iCab. Extremely well working, two-direction Opera Link favorite synchronization support. Works between even mobile clients automatically (without the need for any human intervention). This means you'll see ALL your locally added favorites not only on your desktop Opera, but also other Opera Link-enabled mobile Opera browsers.

Much better than any third-party Web browser on iOS. (Of them, only 360 Browser is capable of synchronization, and it's one-direction – that is, Firefox desktop -> client – only. This means you can't synchronize the favorites you've added on your mobile back to your desktop Firefox or other iOS devices also running 360 Browser. With OM, all this is very easy – just allow OM some 30-90 seconds for synchronization propagation

No restriction on the number of opened pages the previous version still had a restriction of 30; with UIWebView-based browsers, it's not even remotely possible to open up that many Web pages as the memory will run out VERY quickly, resulting in a crash . Doesn't reload pages when tapping the back arrow; with UIWebView-based browsers, only the simplest pages are reused without any reloading. YouTube is played back in the native YouTube app, which means access to all the metadata With UIWebView-based browsers, you need to use some kind of a YouTube embedded code URL converter” to this if such a thing exists at all. With non-YouTube but compatible videos e.g., the ones at liveleak.com playback is done in Safari.

First let me say that this is, by far, the fastest and most incredible browser I have ever tried. Once they iron out the bugs it will have no rival but right now in this version there are two extremely annoying issues which break the app. No option to identify the browser as a desktop browser. I'm SICK of being redirected to the mobile version sites and I can't do anything about it. Very annoying bug where you can't click the open in another tab text for some reason. It happens randomly and it's extremely frustrating. Besides this, I'd like an easier access to the Bookmark menu Fix this and I'll give you the FULL 5 STARS that this browser actually deserves.