Thread: Should I purchase Samsung RV511 or Sony Vaio VPCEB33FM?

Should I purchase Samsung RV511 or Sony Vaio VPCEB33FM?

Hi friends I am going to buy a brand new laptop but I am not able to decide which laptop I should choose. Should I go for Samsung RV511 which is a good choice I think so or should I go for Sony Vaio VPCEB33FM. As I have seen that both of these laptops have same configuration but the only difference is that Samsung consists of 500 GB hard disk where as Sony vaio has 350 GB hard disk. Also both the laptops have 4 GB of RAM with Intel core i3 processor. Both of these laptops lie in my budget. So please need suggestions for which laptop should I purchase?

Re: Should I purchase Samsung RV511 or Sony Vaio VPCEB33FM?

Well I have seen the configuration of both the laptops and purchasing either of them will be good. I think both laptops have similar functions with price having hardly any difference. Since both of them are good so I would suggest you to go for Samsung RV511-AO1 as I have read its reviews and they are quite positive. Even the warranty period of Samsung is good enough. You can still check it out.

I have also noticed some of Toshiba’s laptop which lies in the same range as that of the Sony and Samsung laptops. Well I liked Samsung but I am not passionate about the resolution provided by it. The look and feel of Samsung is quite good and also it is lighter in weight than others. Also no unused software’s are installed in the laptop which basically slows down the speed it. Well I don’t have much idea about Sony and Lenovo but has good resolution.

I think the screen resolution is the same i.e. 1366 x 768 which most of the laptops has the same. Also I think the price range would be the same. Well I don’t know whether you are talking about screen property or the resolution but anyways you can you can find online reviews of the model you are specifically looking for. Also you can ask to your friends if they have the same laptop but just don’t run behind screen resolution. Other features do matter.

The two reviews online - Sony and Samsung PCWorld and Notebook check are not technical enough when it comes to laptop screens to make a real comparison and want to offer an opinion. PCWorld seems that the reviewer liked the Sony screen better than the reviewer Notebookcheck as Samsung. In its comments displays prefer Sony. There really is not much more to go, besides what you've read and see for yourself.

It could also have been that the screens were operating in different default settings for brightness, contrast, color temperature, etc. We want to make sure all configurations are the same for a fair test. And it could be the difference in appearance due to lower quality LCD screen. It is an area where you can save a little to keep the lowest cost. Sony and Dell seem to rely more on high quality LCD screens, so that prices can be higher than MFGRs. The pixilation you noted is most likely due to a 480p video 4:03 aspect ratio (for example) is "forced" to full screen and displayed on a 16:9 aspect ratio.