Thread: bios is not recognizing my 320GB HDD in Dell latitude 100L

bios is not recognizing my 320GB HDD in Dell latitude 100L

I am using Dell latitude 100L laptop and first I was using 160GB HDD in my laptop and windows vista in my operating system. Before some days I have upgraded my pci wireless internal card, memory, and HDD. After upgrading the HDD from 160GB to 320GB my BIOS is not recognizing my HDD properly, My BIOS is detecting the hard disk as 130GB instead of 320GB. I have tried to solve the problem in so many ways but none of the trick worked for me. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem; I am waiting for your problem.

Re: bios is not recognizing my 320GB HDD in Dell latitude 100L

I have gone through your issue if your system is not recognizing your HHD then I think you should first check you have connected your hard disk properly. You have to also confirm that whether you have connected your hard disk with correct controller or not? If you don’t have any idea about controller then first check on the internet about supported controller for your hard disk. I think you should try this trick to solve your problem. Please let me know whether this trick worked for you or not?

I have referred your post and I think you have to disconnect the hard drive from your mother board and insert any different hard disk in your laptop. If that hard disk is working perfectly in your laptop then I think there is something wrong with your hard disk only. Or there is some wrong setting in your laptop. If you want to confirm about this problem then your hard disk with other laptop so you can confirm that. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

If you want to solve the problem then I think first remove the hard drive from your laptop and connect it with other computer or laptop. After that transfer all the data in that computer or laptop hard drive only. After doing that format your 320GB hard drive completely and then install the operating system in your hard drive again. Now after that copy all the data again in your hard disk. I think after doing that your BIOS will detect the hard disk properly and you will not face this problem again with your laptop.

According to me you should try following steps to solve this problem. First download the partition magic from internet and after that install it in your system, but its better you follow the steps in some different computer. Now after downloading the partition magic you have to make partition according to your requirement and after that insert the hard disk in your computer again. Now your BIOS will detect the hard disk normally. I hope this idea will work for you.

I have tried to solve the issue by trying above steps and first I have made the partition of 140GB and 150 GB. But it didn’t make any difference for me. I don’t know but when I try my hard disk with different computer at that time my hard disk is working perfectly. I think there something wrong with my BIOS only. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. I really wanted to solve this problem as soon as possible. Please reply me with some solution.

If making the partition in your hard disk doesn’t help you to solve your issue then I have one more solution for you and I think you should try this solution too. First download the BIOS update from the internet. After downloading the BIOS update you have to install it. Once your BIOS will updated properly after that you will not face any problem with your hard drive and your BIOS will recognize your hard disk properly. If you still have any problem then please let me know.