Thread: Windows xp unable to detect the hard drive in toshiba Equium A200-1VO

Windows xp unable to detect the hard drive in toshiba Equium A200-1VO

I am using Toshiba Equium A200-1VO laptop and it is a very good laptop according to my requirements. I have formatted my whole laptop because of the viruses. After that when I installed the Windows xp in my laptop. after installing the windows xp in my laptop I was able to use it properly but after two days of installing the windows xp I am getting one problem. Now whenever I start the laptop after that at windows xp boot screen it gives me message like there is no hard drive please tell me what should I do?

Re: Windows xp unable to detect the hard drive in toshiba Equium A200-1VO

I have gone through your post and I think you should try to solve this problem by removing the hard disk form laptop and after that try to connect it with other laptop or computer. Now after doing that connect with your laptop again try to start the windows Xp again. I think after doing that you will not get any problem with your laptop and you will not get any message at the time of loading windows XP. I hope this trick will works for you.

If you are not able to start the windows xp then I think you should try these steps. Check your SATA HDD controller is properly connected or not? Just remove it and insert it again. You should also try to different controller to detect the exact problem. If you are not facing any problem with different controller then I think there is something wrong with your SATA controller. If you want to know anything more than please let me know so I can provide you some more information.

I have gone through your post and I think you can solve this problem by doing these steps. First insert the windows XP bootable CD in your laptop and after that restart the laptop. Now after restarting the laptop you will see windows xp set up at that time select the repair windows xp option after selecting that it will take around half hour to repair the windows. Now after doing that your windows XP will load normally and you will not get any error message.

I understand that the problem which you are facing is very irritating and I would like to tell you that you can try to solve the problem by doing this trick. First remove the hard disk from your laptop and insert it to another computer or laptop. Now format it completely but before that take the back up of all the data and after that format the whole hard disk and after that install the operating system again in your laptop. Now restore the all the back up file in your hard disk. After that you will not face any issues.

I have read all your replies and after reading that I tried to solve this problem. I have tried to connect the hard disk by using the different controller but that idea didn’t work for me. After that I repaired my operating system also but it doesn’t help me at all. I also tried to solve this problem by formatting the hard disk but I was facing the same issue. Now I don’t know what to do with this problem. Please give me proper solution to solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

If your laptop is still not detecting the hard disk then I think you have to do these steps, because iwas also having the similar kind of problem and I fixed the problem by doing following trick. First insert the windows XP cd in your laptop or you can try different operating system also like windows vista or windows 7. After that install the fresh copy of it, before doing that take backup of all the data. I think after reinstalling the operating system you will not face this problem with your system.