Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-05-2011

HP Pavilion dv3-1075us overheating

There is a bit overheating issue with HP Pavilion DV3-1075US0 laptop. It is not working well. I am using it for playing game and for watching videos. I connect it to my TV to stream movies from it. I had noticed that this laptop gets overheated. The lower panel below is very hot. Sometime this laptop just turn off. I want some help here to make it cooler. What should I do.
Old 26-05-2011

Go in the bios of your laptop. There is a hardware health status section. In that you can see the cpu temperature. If it is above limit then it means the fan has stopped working. 60degree is quiet high but it is common when you are playing games. But if it is crossing that then it is risky. Your cpu can burn and this can cause permanent damage to your system. Take the laptop to service center to get the fan fixed.
Old 29-01-2012

Re: HP Pavilion dv3-1075us overheating

I had the same model lock up from the time I bought it onward. It was covered by warranty so I sent it in. HP said they fixed it and it was a overheating problem. Well, they did not fix the problem, because it averages 4-6 lockups over the course of a day. No warning, just locks and have to force a shutdown each time.

So, if anyone figures out what the real problem is and a fix...I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE knowing how to fix it. I really like the size of this laptop and don't feel I should have to go out and buy another laptop.

I'm still disgusted with HP that they cannot fix the problem as I've found there are many people with the same problem.

Thanks for any help.
Old 29-01-2012

Quote:
I had the same model lock up from the time I bought it onward. It was covered by warranty so I sent it in. HP said they fixed it and it was a overheating problem. Well, they did not fix the problem, because it averages 4-6 lockups over the course of a day. No warning, just locks and have to force a shutdown each time.

So, if anyone figures out what the real problem is and a fix...I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE knowing how to fix it. I really like the size of this laptop and don't feel I should have to go out and buy another laptop.

I'm still disgusted with HP that they cannot fix the problem as I've found there are many people with the same problem.

Thanks for any help.
Yes,there are a no of people facing this issue but then some had got it fixed from the respective service center,if you are saying that even the HP support were not able to help you then i think that you will have to try out cooling pad or a USB cooling fan for laptop, i think that they will help you out.
Old 29-01-2012

HP said they replaced a I believe heat sensor. I know it had heat in the word.
I do use a cooling pad. I'm not sure what the heat sensor is, but is it a part I can replace?

I really appreciate that you responded to my post
Old 30-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darl1958 View Post
I'm not sure what the heat sensor is, but is it a part I can replace?
Its not Heat sensor, its basically known as Temperature Sensor. It is used to calculate the temperature of your laptop or desktop. And yes, it can be replaced.
Old 30-01-2012

Well at least I know what it's called
Thanks much!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,