Thread: Toshiba NB305 Netbook won't boot up

question Toshiba NB305 Netbook won't boot up

My Toshiba NB305 hangs forever on a blue screen while its booting. There is no error message at all. Tried both in "Safe Mode" and "Last Known Good Configuration", but no help. Also i have tried with "Load Optimized Default" in BIOS, but still the same. I would try CHKDSK if i had an external DVD drive. And i was trying to perform a Factory Restore by pressing n hold "0" key then turn it on. But nothing comes when i press "0" key except the above said blue screen. NB305 comes with Windows 7 Starter. But i degraded it to Windows XP and it was working fine for almost 1 year. Is degradation the reason why i don't get the Factory Restore Menu?

What should i do with this? Is my HDD still healthy? I was reading hundreds of threads for a solution before i post it here. But nothing helps. Anyone can help me out please?

Thanks & Regards

Re: Toshiba NB305 Netbook won't boot up

Can you tell us what is the error code or message you are getting in the blue screen? Have you tried booting from the external cd drive again and this time do a complete system recovery/reinstall windows. First put the Windows CD in the Cd/DVD drive and after that restart your pc and press del to enter bios and then choose the CD/DVD drive for boot up. Restart again and continue to follow the the given steps on your screen.

sad Re: Toshiba NB305 Netbook won't boot up

Quote Originally Posted by pugsly View Post
    Can you tell us what is the error code or message you are getting in the blue screen? Have you tried booting from the external cd drive again and this time do a complete system recovery/reinstall windows.
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    As I mentioned above, It just hangs on a blue screen right after POST. There is no error message on it. Just a blank blue screen. Unfortunately, i don't have an external optical drive. Do you have any idea about the Factory Restore in Toshiba laps? Normally it comes when press n hold the "0" key while its turn on. But in my case it doesn't happen. I suspect my HDD has gone . Is it?

Its very difficult to catch up the cause of blue screen. But anyways, try restoring your laptop to factory settings before formatting it. Here are few articles regarding how to restore factory settings on Toshiba lappy. Just checkout, hope you get helped:
    How to restore an toshiba laptop to factory settings
    How to Restore Toshiba Satellite laptop to factory settings on windows vista
    Want to restore laptop to factory settings
    Toshiba Mini NB305 Netbook Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    Its very difficult to catch up the cause of blue screen. But anyways, try restoring your laptop to factory settings before formatting it. Here are few articles regarding how to restore factory settings on Toshiba lappy. Just checkout, hope you get helped:
    How to restore an toshiba laptop to factory settings
    How to Restore Toshiba Satellite laptop to factory settings on windows vista
    Want to restore laptop to factory settings
    Toshiba Mini NB305 Netbook Recovery
    Thanks for your effort. All of them are describing about go through Windows and perform a System Restore or creating a Recovery Disk. But in my case, I'm not able even to boot. I know there are hundreds of "Blue Screen of Death" in Windows OS. I wonder if i could execute the Factory Restore on my Netbook somehow. That would help me out to solve this issue. Any idea about NB305 running on Windows XP pro SP2?

As you mentioned that you are completely not able to start/boot your laptop then the best possible suggestion on this situation that i can give you is to contact the nearest Toshiba Service Center and submit for laptop for further checking and solving the problems that is detected in your system. The Technical staff of Toshiba will be able to solve your problem with there good services. And Yes. the Toshiba Mini NB305-N310 has the ability to run Windows XP Operating SYstem.

cool Re: Toshiba NB305 Netbook won't boot up

Well, I have to stop this thread as I have to take my netbook to the service center. Anyway, thanks for all of your attempt. I haven't got any reply from other forums. I think this is the only forums which is more active. I will be visiting this forum everyday even though my problem hasn't solved.

Thanks n Regards