Thread: Asus N53SV-A1 laptop for gaming

Asus N53SV-A1 laptop for gaming

I own Asus N53SV-A1 laptop and the my intention is to play several good games in it like StarCraft 2, Cod6, Hon etc. The specifications of the laptop are as follows:
    • CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz
    • 15.6" HD with LED Back light ( 1366x768)
    • Memory: 4GB-6GB DDR3 1333MHz
    • HDD: 750GB Serial-ATA 7200rps
    • Combo Drive: 8xDVD±RW Dual Layer writer
    • Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 540M with 1GB DDR3 Memory
    • Wifi: 802.11a/g/n and 10/100/Gigabit Net-card
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

By looking at these specifications it clearly indicates that this laptop can able to run most of the games but I am not sure about it.

Re: Asus N53SV-A1 laptop for gaming

NVIDIA's latest Optimus Technology optimizes the presentation of the Asus N53SV-A1 laptop through a devoted NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M Graphics by 1GB GDDR3 memory. For fewer challenging apps, the GT 540M GPU is de-activated and the incorporated Intel GMA graphics holds together rendering as well as display calls to preserve power and give the uppermost achievable battery life. Top of all, these changes are performed immediately, flawlessly and routinely exclusive of a hiccup. By the NVIDIA Optimus-enable Asus N53SV-A1, you can currently like screening HD movie, Web surfing otherwise playing the most up-to-date 3D games through the guarantee of receiving the most excellent performance and the greatest battery life.

The specifications seem to be real good! I think that it will going to support some pleasant gaming only if the turbo boost kicks into. It’s not that I’m alongside sandy bridge CPUs, except majority of them which I’ve observed are simply about 2GHz. If you checks out a number of top games, irrespective of the CPU they will suggest a 2.2-2.4GHz processor. Therefore if that turbo boost actually works, in that case stuff must be pretty flat!

The lately-introduced NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M separate graphics processor creates a globe of dissimilarity while it comes to flat visuals. It drives routine, allowing comprehensive gaming through the most recent titles on computer, in addition it helps increase speed HD video playback. As a result of taking the tension off the microprocessor and giving substantial graphics processing power, this Fermi-depended, DirectX 11 Graphic processing unit upgrades your knowledge further than the standard for a handy computer or laptop.

If you're really some kind of hardcore gamer, the N53SV-A1 contains that base enclosed, as well. It makes use of one of Nvidia's most up-to-date graphics processors—the GeForce GT 540M, which forced out imposing FPS. Its 3DMark 06 score insolvent the 10,000 spot (10,073), outmuscling the N53JF-XE1 (8,174) as well as XPS 15 (7,404). It breezed all the way through 3D concentrated games similar to Crysis along with Lost Planet, scoring fine in together intermediate and first-rate settings. Barely the 15-inch (Thunderbolt) scored superior during these tests

The cause is easy - the starts have to align just right for turbo boost. It is based on numerous dissimilar possessions to work - warmth, power expenditure, what you are functioning through, how numerous cores you are utilizing etc. I have observed mine climax at 3.4Ghz. I have furthermore observed it fall to 2.9 for the reason that of the load. A 500 MHz alter indicates fairly a bit - particularly while dealing through 4 cores. Anticipate the base clock always, and be pleased while turbo boost works.

It must perform extremely well in nearly every game. I am not definite how fine a 2.0 GHz processor will support however, unluckily, not numerous games are exceptionally well multi-threaded. Majority of the mainstream second generation I run quad core CPUs are utilizing the 2630QM. The companies for example Sager as well as Alienware that permit purchasers to choose their personal configurations do present the quad cores by means of superior clock speeds. So I think there is still slight doubt for gaming