Thread: Which one is better between gingerbread and froyo

Which one is better between gingerbread and froyo

Which device will be better here. Once that comes with Android Froyo or one that comes with Android Gingerbread. I am having two devices in my mind. Both of them are having Froyo but one has upgrade choice to Gingerbread. I want a decent phone that can be good for internet surfing, chat, email, etc. And also to play youtube videos. I am having a strong wifi connection at my home. I want some suggestion on this.

Don't go for Froyo. Froyo is Android 2.2 while Gingerbread is 2.3. So go for the latest one. You will be able to use all type of application on that. And also the phone will work faster compare to a old OS. I am using a Gingerbread phone and it has more app support. My friend has a device which has Froyo but it does not support Gingerbread. Many apps that I can use is not working in his phone. So it is better to go with something which is latest and more better. Using a old device can create problem.

It is right. There are many things which will not work in Froyo. Also connectivity features will be limited. Whenever you are buying a phone also get the latest one. That has everything in it. Because in new OS you get more fluid interface and additional features. There will be more customization choices and it will be low on battery consumption also. The second thing you must check is the battery size. There must be 1500 or higher mAH battery if you are going to use the device on internet.