Thread: Prestige mode in brink

Prestige mode in brink

Can someone please tell me what is so great about prestigeing? You just slaved away, playing a terrible game for what I estimate to be 70 hours, and now you want to start over, so you can get an emblem, you’re willing to waste 70 hours of your life for an emblem? Sounds like one of the worst ideas in gaming history to me. Is there some hidden thing that's so great about it? And if someone says gold came, it’s impossible. Please shower some thoughts regarding the same.

Re: Prestige mode in brink

What's more important - the weapons which they've confirmed are going to be no better than the ones you start with, just more situational and allowing more varied tactics, or the abilities which are potentially game-changing, whether active or passive? Not to mention the fact that you might be losing your weapons too as I marked in bold, not confirmed either way ahead. And I really hope that you are getting my point here.

Prestige gives players an indication that you're a reset high-level player, not a novice that's coming in without experience - kind of like having high-level gear in a low-level game will do. I think the comparison fits pretty well. Please explain what I'm missing here, because I don't see your point very well. As other people have said, there's no need for a prestige mode if we can just create new characters, in fact we're going to have to if we want to unlock all the abilities.

Brink would be no different if it is hugely successful. How do you change any aspect of the game without losing the momentum of your success? Even small changes can hurt a game and many fans were disappointed in Gears of War 2. As a result the Gears franchise is trying to find that middle ground between the two games. How do you innovate an established franchise? In the case of CoD, the question should be: Do you need to innovate a franchise that continues to set sales records? Let's hope that Brink can afford to give us 'more of the same.

There is no prestige nor will there ever be. Once you max out your characters level you continue playing with him, when/if you want, you can make another character that starts at level 0, you can make a new character any time you want, you can have up to 10 characters at a time, and you can delete characters, freeing up a slot so you can make another character. Personally I've not seen any mention by a dev that its something they would never consider for the future.

While I agree with your other points CoD does not suck, it simply fell victim to its own success. It is impossible to reinvent the wheel while it is still rolling so the CoD franchise has let creative thinking take a back seat to 'more of the same'. MW was still one of the most revolutionary shooters ever made despite the CoD franchise becoming a copy paste of this formula. I hope that you are getting my point.