Thread: Unable to boot laptop, no display, no bios screen

Unable to boot laptop, no display, no bios screen

My laptop working fine yesterday, but today when I start my Laptop it cannot able to start OS.When I try to start my laptop , I could able to hear the hard drive and DVD-ROMs spinning as it is reading something but there is nothing in the DVD ROMs. No caps-lock led is glowing, and no display in laptop. There is no display, no any beep sound, even when we trying to get in Bios, it also not working. Please suggest any thing to solve this problem. Our laptop configuration is NEC Versa E600, P4 1.8 GHz, 786MB, DDR1 ram, 30GB Fujitsu HDD, Operating system is Windows xp.

Re: Unable to boot laptop, no display, no bios screen

You can check your display on other monitor by connecting the VGA cable to laptop VGA port. And verify that is turn-on or properly plugged-in, if no power light (green or orange light) is seen on the monitor display. Try pressing the power button until it comes on. Verify that the VGA cable is properly plugged-in. Then if you are unable to seen display then there may be a hardware issue which is an associated with your laptop. It may motherboard, Ram, CMOS battery. Have a notice that the single beep sound is there when laptop get started.

When the laptop is start notice that beep sound is there which identifies that the laptop has some activity. If you not able to hear beeping sound or it sound abnormally, it is possible to have Hardware related issue or exhibiting a No Post. Verify the beeping sound and identify which component of your computer has gone bad or component is failing and check the fan is properly working. If fan is not working specially a heat sink for the CPU then your laptop is overheated and detecting the fan failure causing laptop not to boot

There may be a power related issue in your laptop. Make sure that it is powered on, if nothing happen (no light, no sound, no fan etc).plugged the laptop for charging wait for 15 minute let it charge and try to start it make sure that the charger is properly connected to the wall socket . And verify that the charger power cable supplier is not bad. As it is plugged in make notice that the power light or battery charge LED glows. If this light is seen, this is a good indication that the power cable is good.

It is mostly seen that the hardware component in your portable device (laptop) is failed .it most likely that the power supply has failed. You can verify that by changing the charger of laptop but it should be of same laptop model otherwise various laptops has a difference in power voltage which can cause huge problem. Or you can try by changing your laptop battery. Try removing the battery and see if the Laptop can power on with only the power cable connected. If no power is still received, then you contact to your technical.

Simply remove all hardware attached to your laptop, try to start only by connecting the charger .if you seen some response then it is recommended to replace your Laptop battery. This verifies that the some device is there which is preventing your laptop to get start. If you have attached some third party of hardware then remove it, start the laptop if it worked but no beep sound then there may be a post problem. If nothing seen then rub the Golden Location of RAM and then put it back. If your issue is not solved then contact to the manufacturer or go for service.