Thread: Losing Wifi Connection after Every 15 Minutes in Compaq Presario laptop

Losing Wifi Connection after Every 15 Minutes in Compaq Presario laptop

I am using Compaq Presario laptop which is very old. I am running windows XP in my laptop. Before some days I have installed the windows Vista in my laptop because my windows Xp get corrupted because of the viruses. Now whenever I use the WIFI in my laptop at that time I am facing one problem. Whenever I use the WIFI at that time it keeps dropping the connection after every 10 to 15 minutes. This problem is very irritating for me and I want to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Re: Losing Wifi Connection after Every 15 Minutes in Compaq Presario laptop

I have gone through your problem as you are saying that your WIFI connection is not constant. That is why I would like to tell you that try to solve your problem by connoting your laptop with some different router. After that check whether same problem is coming there or not? If you are not facing any problem there then I think there is something wrong with your laptop connection and you have to do the proper setting for that. After doing the proper setting you will not find this problem again.

If you are not able to solve the problem after trying all the possible solution, then I think there is something wrong with your WIFI driver. I think you should try to fix this issue by reinstalling the driver from your laptop driver CD which comes with your laptop. First uninstall the driver from your system and after that install the driver from that CD. After installing the driver again in your laptop you will be able to use the WIFI constantly. I think this trick will solve your issue.

As you have mentioned the solution in above post regarding the driver installation, after watching your post I have searched the driver CD for my laptop but I am not able to find the driver CD of my laptop, I think I lost it some where. After that I tried to search the solution for this on the internet but I am not able to find the solution for this. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. If you know where I can find the drivers for my laptop then let me know.

I have read your post as you have said that you are not able to find the driver CD, now if you want to get your driver back then you can do it. First go to the Compaq official site. After that look for your laptop by searching with your laptop number there. After that click on the driver of your laptop and then select the operating system which you are using in your laptop. Now download the drivers and then install in your system after that you will not face any problem with your laptop.

After watching your post I tried to search the driver according to your given steps. After that I downloaded the driver from internet. After downloading the driver from internet uninstalled my old driver from my system. After uninstalling the driver I restart my Compaq Presario laptop, and then I installed this new drive. Now after installing this new driver all the things are working absolutely perfectly. I really appreciate your help and your support. Thank you so much.