Thread: Physical keyboard not working in Blackberry torch 9800

Physical keyboard not working in Blackberry torch 9800

I have a blackberry torch which is a nice phone to use and there are many applications which made this phone much better. But suddenly there was some problem which I noticed was my keyboard was not functioning properly. When I press each button hardly but even though it was not working. I am not sure but can be some hardware issues. Please friends need suggestions to solve the problem.

Re: Physical keyboard not working in Blackberry torch 9800

Remove the battery from your phone as soon as possible. Do not turn on your BlackBerry. Let the device be kept at a dry place for 3 to 5 days. Don’t check "every day" by placing the battery in Let it dry completely. This will take time. Replacing the battery to be sure that it can only further damage. If the device is hot after the drying period, allow to cool at room temperature before putting the battery in. I hope this may help you.

I think we should try to do a hard reset. Basically, it formats the drive of your phone. Also removes all the data from memory. All the apps which are installed on the phone will be removed to reset the performance better to have a backup of your data. Then you can go to continue restoring your phone which will recover the memory of your phone same as the day you bought it. You can do this by entering * # 7370 # code on your phone. I hope this will solve your problem.

Hello friend, even I have a blackberry torch and even I had the same problem. I showed my phone to the customer center, but even they were unable to resolve the problem so they replaced my phone as a new one. Well, I think he should try to be replaced. I hope your phone is under warranty. Call your customer service center and have a replacement. I hope you get a new phone.

I think it’s surely a hardware problem. Did your blackberry torch 9800 have fallen from height? The reason behind this is that if your phone has falled, some damage may have cause to the circuits since the circuits are quite sensitive. Thus keypad circuits may have been damaged but not sure about this. You can show your phone to the retailer and may he help you to repair the phone. Hope this solves the problem.

Also for those of you that had no luck with any of these answers, I solved the same issue by opening up the case from the back of the phone and removing (cutting and pulling out) the cable that leads to the top 'unlock' button. Mine had become permanently turned on so all the physical keys were locked all the time. I hope no one else has to go through this.