Thread: Windows Running on Motorola Xoom

Windows Running on Motorola Xoom

I presume the title is a slight unreliable, like it is windows running on top of Citrix Receiver, operating on the Motorola Xoom. Still however, I am utilizing the normal picture that our entire company uses via thin clients, on the Xoom... not an RDP session, but a fully virtualized surroundings running on citrix's xendesktop. I have attempted this extremely similar setup on a first generation iPad, and while it worked very well, using on Motorola Xoom, it works spotlessly, and is much quicker. Does anybody had tried this thing?

Re: Windows Running on Motorola Xoom

AS you know that the Motorola Xoom contains good and powerful processor along with a good graphics capability. By looking at its features we can easily say that this tablet pc or pad can compatible to run any operating system without the issue. However the only problem is about the drivers. It may be really hard for you find the compatible or official driver for Xoom. It’s the only problem and other than this it is much powerful to run Windows 7 or other compatible operating system.

As you might know that the Windows 7 is a like a light weight operating system which does not need much system resources to run. However on the other hand the Windows vista requires much system resources. So the windows 7 became the most needed operating system for handheld or portable devices. However the Motorola Xoom has been mainly built as a powerful tablet pc which is capable to perform several complex tasks. So there is no doubt about that it can run Windows on it.

Currently, what time bluetooth mouse support emerges, this may perhaps extremely well get the position of several peoples laptops, depending on top of their main job purpose, just imagine of a HD dock, through bluetooth keyboard, plus bluetooth mouse, connected by means of an HDMI - DVI adaptor, to a normal business LCD, and through the momentum the Xoom presents, the experience will be no dissimilar from somebody utilizing a slim client to connect toward their desktop.

It is good to hear that the Motoroal Xoom is now capable to run Windows operating system. I think that it must be windows 7. However my request it would be great if it can capable to run the Windows Xp because we can get most of the drivers for Windows Xp without any trouble and they will might be going to run on Xoom without any issue. However I hope that it may not be possible to run Windows vista.

I don’t want to run Windows operating system in tablet PC or pad because I mostly use my Xoom for Browsing web, watching video, movies and some little works. For major works I use my desktop PC which is currently running with Windows 7. However my interest is to run any good Linux Distros in it. If this can, then it would really give a vote for this device. Android is not a bad operating system but I mostly use either Windows or Linux. I hope that in near future somebody will find a way to accomplish it.