Thread: How to disable AT&T Address Book contact synchronization from Blackberry Torch 9800

How to disable AT&T Address Book contact synchronization from Blackberry Torch 9800

As I state in my6 title that, I have an AT&T Torch 9800. I am utilizing Blackberry Internet Service (BIS). I necessitate disabling the AT&T Address Book contact synchronization feature from my device. Previous to the activation of the AT&T Address Book contact synchronization feature, I was productively syncing my Google contacts with the Default address book on the appliance. Now that the AT&T Address Book has been stimulated, syncing with my Google contacts is no extensive probable. I have not exposed how to disable the AT&T Address Book contact synchronization feature. The just option obtainable is to "sync now" (with AT&T Address Book). Anyone have any idea or I can say any one have any solution for my issue? Please let me know if anyone fined anything regarding this.

Re: How to disable AT&T Address Book contact synchronization from Blackberry Torch 9800

The AT&T Address Book presents the ability to synchronize contacts on the BlackBerry Smartphone to an online AT&T Address Book which can be accessed by visiting addressbook site. After an account is shaped, contacts can be added, edited, and viewed by means of this online resource. The contacts are saved on the AT&T network, and can be simply improved or restored in the event of an upgrade, injure, or defeat of a BlackBerry Smartphone. Below is a list of features advertised with the AT&T Address Book.

1. Automatic Backup: Your contacts on a well-matched AT&T mobile phone are backed up to your AT&T Address Book, and modifications you craft are mechanically saved.
    2. Online Access: Expediently access, manage, and text message your contacts from a PC.

Re: How to disable AT&T Address Book contact synchronization from Blackberry Torch 9800

Make certain you have stored your links or synchronized your "Default" contact list with your Outlook contacts (or anything list you wish to utilize on a go-forward basis.) You will have to contact AT&T's technical support to have them immobilize the AT&T Mailbox feature. (I did this using the chat option on their website in may be 15 minutes.) One time the feature is immobilized, you will have to switch off and switch on your device. After that, choose "Contacts" from the device's main menu. Push the menu key and choose "Options." emphasize the AT&T Address Book catalog below "Contact Lists." On the keyboard, type RSET. Choose option to remove all contacts.

With the help of somebody from AT&T I was capable to disable the AT&T address book and obtain my sync to outlook functioning another time. The trouble I now have is that each so frequently, while I unlock contacts, the device mechanically attempts to activate the AT&T address book, and I have to go using the complete process again. Has anybody exposed an absolute way to make sure that the AT&T Address Book does not conquest their system?

Just follow the below steps:
    1. Unlock the Address Book app on the BlackBerry Smartphone
    2. Click on the menu key and choose Options from the menu
    3. Below "Contact Lists" roll down to AT&T Address Book
    4. On the keyboard of the BlackBerry Smartphone enter RSET
    5. While provoked to erase the contact list and reload from the server choose Yes

The address book database of the BlackBerry Smartphone will at present be clean and new entries can be appended to the Default contact catalog. Should the AT&T Address Book be re-enabled then it may be essential to achieve these steps another time in order to synchronize contacts.

While I first got the Torch 9800, I had the same problem. The way I found a way to disable it was to do a secure erases all of the connection off. Once, your phone will restart, to make sure that the connections are out until it stops most of the implementation. Once you have accomplished all that, plus e-mail settings, BBM should be able to give back all the connections again without trying to connect to AT & T address book again. Just be sure not to click on the icon set and place it decreased again if asked. Hope this helps!