Thread: Touch & Hold function not working in BlackBerry torch

Touch & Hold function not working in BlackBerry torch

Hi, I am using blackberry’s torch since two months, and really I am wondering that, how such a reputed company provides such a faulty pieces, because I am having a very serious problem, my touch and hold stopped working. I used to do that on a contact to get the option screen for that person, and after selecting the particular contact to move them to home screen, but don’t know what happened to this. What shall I do now, any suggestion?

Re: Touch & Hold function not working in BlackBerry torch

I think, you have done something wrong with their settings, because if you by mistakenly done anything wrong with that then it just stops getting the proper input from our self, so I would like to suggest you that, adjust the sensitivity for the touch screen, I hope this would work because when I was having this problem, the issue was something different, that’s why this method didn’t worked. But you can always try.

have you ever tried to contact the service center, I am not aware about how their service is, but this is the finest way to get the solution, or you may refer their official website for your issue, in fact there are different forums also. Thus you can put query there also, but I would personally suggest you to visit the service center, because they have good technician over there, and if the problem is due to the hardware, the hardware will be replaced free of cost, if you have warranty period left.

See, some times this kind of problems happens due to some software stuck, so to resolve such a problem it is a very easy task, i hope you have heard about the resetting the phone in the default setting, i mean to say their factory default. It is also called as soft reset, first of all you have to remove the battery and then reinsert it in the phone, and restart the phone, this rebooting also sometimes solve such an issue.

sometimes it also happens that the strip that is kept in between the sliders also get break, it due to that it starts causing such kind of errors, and progressively harms or rather you may say damage other functionality too, so i would like to recommend you that you should first try to resolve that, then only you'll get that the problem, whether it was because of that only or it was due to something different.

The problem might be in the touch screen itself according to me, because i was having the same problem, and i had also tried almost each and every possibilities, but at last got the actual problem, which was in the screen surface it self, i would suggest you to check these first, you can checkout this from the service center also and you can simply give it to the local mobile store also. But i would suggest you to visit only the service center.