Thread: How to enable the Mass storage option in blackberry torch ?

How to enable the Mass storage option in blackberry torch ?

Hi, I have brought a new cell phone 1 week ago, that’s blackberry torch, and as I have mentioned that I have bought this 1 week ago, thus I am not that familiar with the cell phone. Whenever I need to transfer any media files or any other content to my SD card, I have to get it from my friends through Bluetooth, I am not aware, how to transfer contents from my PC to mobile? My friend told me about the mass storage mode, but I don’t know even about It, need suggestion.

Re: How to enable the Mass storage option in blackberry torch ?

Ok, dude this is too simple I’d say, and don’t bothersome about the cell phone, yeah the features and the functions are pretty much difficult but after a month, you’ll be able to understand and organize them properly, forget about this, you’ll find the mass storage option when you connect your mobile to the PC, basically I think this is the default setting in the phone, so when you attach you cell to the PC, the phone will prompt from these option.

I was having the same difficulty while I bought this mobile, but now I am familiar with almost each function provided by the phone, and as you have mentioned, you should follow certain steps that I am going to mention. First of all go to option, there you’ll find the option called device in that select storage. Then press the blackberry menu button and there will be a option to enable the USB mass storage. And you can go on.

As you have mentioned that your friend told you about this, I would say he is absolutely right, through mass storage you can simply download the content presented in the PC to the cell phone by simply copy pasting, while you connect your phone to the computer, the menu will appear showing tree options, and one of them would be mass storage, so you have to select that and soon you’ll able to transfer any content from mobile to PC and vice versa.

Yeah, I’d say your friend told you right but, I would like to say that you can still do the same with the another option too, I am not sure what is the exact name of that option, but you can still transfer any files from your PC, but yeah you have to have the software suit in your PC to operate through that function, then only you can do this, otherwise mass storage is the only option remains.

I would like to suggest you that, don’t use the mass storage, because first I would like to tell you the difference between mass storage and the PC suit option, when you connect through the mass storage option, won’t be able to use some of the phone’s function, like you won’t be able to receive the call or you can’t make the call in fact, rather I would say connect through the normal mode so you can use those function too, but this is the fact that you’ll get the high transfer speed if you connect through mass storage mode.

If you only concern only about transferring the data over phone from the PC and vice versa, you can have several option, and I ways use to transfer the data through Bluetooth only, and I would suggest you the same, that is transfer the contents through the Bluetooth only, so that you won’t have to bother about the data cable and don’t know about the other problems. but for that you need have a Bluetooth enabled PC then only the thing is possible.