Thread: No signal in blackberry torch 9800

No signal in blackberry torch 9800

I have bought a brand new blackberry torch 9800 which is a nice smart phone. It has good and unique functions. But now-a-days I am facing problem with signal. My phone shows no signal although before I didn’t had such problems. Yeah I removed my sim card once but still it was working good for few days and now it shows signal off. Well I am just a new user to this phone so need help.

Re: No signal in blackberry torch 9800

Hey buddy even I had the same problem. Even I am using blackberry torch 9800 and this problem occurred just within a month. You can try checking the mobile network. For this you need to go and click and SOS and turn on the mobile network and if the mobile network is unable to work than I think you number is been suspended be carrier. To resolve this you can call to the carrier support. It helped me.

You must try to remove the battery and inset it again to recover the method. Well this is not a sure shot method but have a try and it can be very painful for some devices that requires a longer time to boot. After inserting the battery, turn on the phone and wait for a while to catch the signal in its normal way. I hope this may solve your problem and if not than you can contact to the customer support center.

There is one more way to solve this problem. You can simply manage the connection and turn off the mobile network connection. After doing this, you need to wait for a while until the EVDO icon disappears and the meter of signal goes blank. Now turn on the connection again and your signal will be back. Thus there is no need to remove the battery again and again. Hope this helps you.

I think the problem is with your sim card and not with your phone. Check whether your sim card is not damaged. Also check your sim by inserting in to your friends phone and see do you get the same error? Did you removed and inserted sim again and again? Also there may be some problem with sim card slot. This problem may occur due to the physical damage caused to your phone like your phone may have fallen from height etc. You can try changing your sim card and check for the signal again.

I would prefer you to take help from ATT. They might help you regarding this problem. Well fro me, it’s the first time I have heard this king of problem. I would suggest you to reload the operating system because the device may have got locked by itself due to this. Thus I think reloading your phone’s OS might solve your problem but I am not sure about this. You can have a try.