Thread: Unable to open 'Text Messages' options screen in BlackBerry torch

Unable to open 'Text Messages' options screen in BlackBerry torch

I am attempting to adapt my text message options. In the message list window I push the BlackBerry key, roll down and choose 'options'- the options page pops up for approximately a second, and after that I am taken back to message list. I am able to unlock email and other alternatives windows without a trouble- this just occurs for text message options. I tried many things to solve this issue, but can’t get successes anyway. Anyone have any ideas? I have just attempted software update and have been told I have the most recent.

Re: Unable to open 'Text Messages' options screen in BlackBerry torch

Any extra information you can give while asking for help will be valued by those attempting to help with your trouble, such as, Stock OS or upgrade. What applications are loaded? Has this happened as day one or did it just start? You said you removed the whole thing and did a wipe and reboot, was that in attempting to correct this trouble or had you loaded other stuff that you removed and this trouble was a result of that and/or the clean and reboot.

Anytime random strange performance or sluggishness creeps in, the initial thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, take away the back cover and enclosure the battery. Wait about a minute after that restore the battery and cover. Power up and wait uncomplainingly through the long reboot-- 5 minutes. See if things have returned to well operation. Like all computing devices, BlackBerry's undergo from memory leaks and such, with a hard reboot being the best heal.

Here I also have the same type of problem with my blackberry. Unluckily I have attempted it all even before I wrote the post. Removing the battery for 1 min, long reboot, and so on. The trouble at a standstill perseveres: while I choose 'text messages' and after that 'options' by means of the BB key, the options window flickers on for a second, after that vanish another time. This is the just options menu behaving this way.

The similar thing is occurrence to my BlackBerry torch (as well a friend of mine's). I have as well attempted the hard reboot (taking out the battery). What else I have attempted:
    1. Removing applications which I have installed one by one (rebooting later than each delete).
    2. Doing a complete Security Wipe by removing all data/applications and configurations.
    3. Hard rebooting another time.

Not anything helped. This wouldn't be such an ache if it wasn't for the fact that something occurred to my Service number and currently I can't send text messages. I am getting the unacceptable Service number error. In order to change it, I necessitate going into text message options: /

I had the similar trouble. You can temporarily crack the trouble by inserting the SIM card of one more provider (the options window will emerge with no trouble). Later than setting the necessary options, reinsert suitable SIM card - settings will be memorized. But I do not know how to solve the trouble enduringly. This all started yesterday, no trouble earlier for the 2 weeks I have had it, attempted all the resets, clearly a software malfunction, this is absurd, think I will go back to the iPhone.