Thread: HP Pavilion dv5-1010us laptop shows White Screen of Death

HP Pavilion dv5-1010us laptop shows White Screen of Death

Currently I am using the HP Pavilion dv5-1010us laptop and the recent issue in this laptop is about the White Screen of Death. The issue is that it simply happens while I first turn laptop on, whilst I wake it up from suspend mode, otherwise while I'm screening a full-screen video. And in each and every one of these circumstances, it only infrequently happens. It's not like it occurs each time I look at a video otherwise turn the PC on. It lasts about two seconds typically; the lengthiest I've seen is it lasting about five seconds. Can anyone tell me what the issue is? However it is not an old laptop.

Re: HP Pavilion dv5-1010us laptop shows White Screen of Death

Essentially did various snooping roughly and I establish out that this WSOD trouble is just since you place it: a display issue? I had initially assumed there was somewhat incorrect with the motherboard, otherwise graphics related thing, except it’s not that in any way: My display is messed up. While I find back house from school, I’m going away to get the PC to a store and observe if they can realize what the issue is. So stretched as it isn’t a hardware problem, it won’t be extremely luxurious to repair.

I don't believe your laptop is crashing and showing white screen. Somewhat, I believe your screen is. If there was a crash then it will surely going to register in some log within your computer. You should find that log to know about the issue. Connect as additional monitor to laptop and observe if it does it there as well. If so, that in all probability clears the laptop screen, except it might still be a trouble by the laptop's graphics.

It seems to me that your laptop’s video card is malfunctioning otherwise dead otherwise may be a power unit failure. You might need to check by changing the power adapter. If still the issue then you might need to check by replacing the video card and memory. Furthermore check the laptop CPU and GPU temps. If they are not normal then there could be hearsinker issue which is causing the White screen of Death. If you do know about how to check the CPU, GPU and memory usage in your laptop then it could be also useful to find out the reason for your issue.

I have also got the similar issue in my laptop regarding the display. My laptop was frequently showing the WSOD. For that reason here what I did to my laptop:
    • First of all turn off the laptop and disconnect the power adapter as well as the battery
    • Now you need to push screen to backward.
    • Take away wrap where the power switch is totally.
    • On the left hand surface there is a black pocket similar to object.
    • Tap this black small bag for some times.
    • Now put back the cover as it was.
    • Now connect the battery, power adapter and turn on the laptop.