Thread: Blackberry torch unable to turn on and connect to computer

Blackberry torch unable to turn on and connect to computer

Hi everyone, I have bought a new blackberry torch just a month ago. I was quite happy and satisfied with this phone. It’s a nice smart phone. But one day I connected my blackberry with my computer and suddenly it updated the drivers of my computer. Si I don’t have any idea how it happened. However after the updation took place, my phone is not able to switch on and it only shows a red light. Also I am not able to connect my phone with my PC. Please help.

Re: Blackberry torch unable to turn on and connect to computer

I think you must try performing hard reset. It basically formats the drive of your phone. It formats all the data present in your memory. Everything that is installed on your phone will be removed so while performing hard reset better take back up of all your data. Then you can go on continuing reset to your phone which will recover the memory of your phone like before the day you bought it. You can do this by entering *#7370# code in your phone. I hope this will solve your problem.

Hey buddy you can also try performing soft reset. The only difference between hard reset and soft reset is that your data will not be removed. Thus there is no need of taking back up of your data. Thus soft reset will reset all the settings to the factory default settings. To perform soft reset, you just need to use grouping of three keys. First, press ALT key for a while and press shift key. Press both these buttons and press delete or backspace key. This will start the reset and you can release the keys now. I hope this can resolve your issue.

I think resetting your smart phone may solve your problem. But if the problem persists then you can check that there may be some problem with your battery. Check whether your battery is charged or not and remove & insert the battery again and try switching on your phone. If there is no problem with battery than you can try to restock latest blackberry device software. Even if this doesn’t work than replacing the phone with a new one is the only solution.

Well I would suggest you to charge your battery for around 3-4 hours continuously and connect with USB cable. After your phone gets charged completely, remove the battery and insert it again and check whether it boots or not. You know I charged my battery for 2 days and then I was able to switch on my phone. Thus you can try this and if the problem still occurs then you can replace your battery with a new one and see whether it reboots or not.

I don’t know for what reason you are not able to connect your phone with your PC. Anyways do you have installed outlook in your system? I am talking about this because blackberry has outlook which is inbuilt so you can easily transfer contacts from your phone into your PC. However you can only transfer contacts through outlook express and no other data. But still you can check whether you are able to connect through outlook or not. Just have a try.

Did you try connecting your blackberry with your PC via Bluetooth? To connect your phone with your PC via Bluetooth, you need to enable connection manager. Well you cannot use software’s such as Blue Soleil or widcomm drivers etc. In place of these, you can use Bluetooth enumerator which helps in connecting blackberry with your phone. You can have a try and if works then do reply.