Thread: Landscape orientation view blackberry 9800 torch.

Landscape orientation view blackberry 9800 torch.

Hi, I have blackberry’s 9800 torch, and it is good, in fact I’d say fantastic. But don’t know I think I have done something wrong within the setting as it doesn’t switch its view, I mean to say it doesn’t switch from portrait to landscape view in any application, and it is really frustrating, is there any setting inside cell, so I can switch it back. I don’t know how to do that as I am not enough familiar with the device, any suggestion?

re: Landscape orientation view blackberry 9800 torch.

well, this is minor problem I would say, because it happens when the phones software gets stuck, thus you can do the very basic thing like try to pull the battery out of the phone for at least 10 to 15 seconds and then reinsert it in to your cell, this process is same as rebooting the PC, it generally clear all the cache while rebooting, and I hope you’d not get the problem back, because I have done this already though I have different mobile but the thing works actually.

I would like to suggest you to use the simulator for your torch as it is specially made for this purpose only, I mean to say, for the orientation purpose, but I had heard that there are problem in tilting generally, because for some reason , when you tilt 9800 by clicking and dragging, the simulator does not register the tilt, and to fix this, you have to just try it from the simulate menu. This will really work, I had suggest this to many people.

As you have mentioned I think according to me the problem is either to minor or maybe too critical, I mean to say it is minor if you had just changed the settings by mistakenly, but let me tell you that the orientation function in each of the cell is done through the sensors, called the proximity sensors, so if the problem is in that only, then I must say it is critical and I would suggest you to have a benefit of warranty period, as they would surely fix this problem, and if you have by mistakenly change the setting instead, you can simply change it to automatic, so while you just tilt the phone it will automatically change its orientation.

I had heard about the application, called six tools, you can download it, and it is simply made for orientation only, in that application you could have too many functions along with this orientation. So this better work for you, as the best feature what I like is to lock the screen to particular orientation, as I often get frustrate when it just switch to its view every time I move, so using this application I have lock it to particular view only.

Re: Landscape orientation view blackberry 9800 torch.

I should check the settings first in the device itself, as there are two to three options regarding the orientation, from where you can set it to any default view as well, you can change it to automatic view, thus whenever you just tilt the phone you can simply gets changed view, but if the settings are still correct then I think, you phones software is corrupted, you should try to reset to its factory default setting or you can simply make a hard reset, I mean to say, just pull the battery out and reinsert it in the phone after 10 to 20 seconds, but if you persist the same problem then I think your software must be corrupted, you should download the latest software from the internet.

Hey friend I was having the same problem in my torch as well, but really if I say what I have done, it seems funny in fact, I would like to suggest you the same, you can simply do one thing to fix it, just slammed it close for two to three times , just try to do this and reboot the phone once, after doing this i was able to fix my problem, I hope this will work, I have done this, and it is working very fine.

Where is the function to manipulate the tilt lock/unlock in the settings on the torch 9800? I've tried rebooting twice; even the slam close suggestion by Iroquois with no results. It may just be time to take advantage of my warranty anyway, but I hate when things happen out of nowhere like this. My BB is stuck in portrait mode.

Also, after the reboot, when I try to enter my lock code for the phone, it wont allow me to access the touchscreen keypad. If the 9800 didn't have the standard keypad I'd really be in trouble!!! Once I do get into the phone, I can't seem to access the on screen keypad at all. THis just started today!

I will recommend you to see the below manual. This is an link to user guide for Blackberry Torch 9800 mobile phone. The guide shows you the most common settings for various options to configure your phone. I found this phone has very less for customization but about the screen orientation you can simply turn that off from settings.

Blackberry Torch 9800 User Manual