Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

HP Pavilion dv6 webcam not working

Portable Devices

Old 21-05-2011

HP Pavilion dv6 webcam not working

I am having a bit issue with HP Pavilion DV6-1030CA system. It is a nice notebook on which there is Windows Vista on the same. Somehow I am not able to use webcam on it. While all other stuff works fine. There is no problem at all. I am getting a constant error on my screen when I am trying to access the webcam through yahoo messenger. The error is no video device detected. What should I do to fix the problem.

Old 21-05-2011

The webcam driver is damage due to which you are getting that error. You have to re-install that to fix the problem you are facing. Just visit the official hp site and click on support. There you have to provide the right product details to download the driver. Download all those drivers and done. You can then go ahead using the webcam. I think that will fix the problem.
Old 22-05-2011

Go in device manager first. Check whether the webcam device is installed or not. If it is not properly installed then driver update can help. But if there is any other hardware issue then you cannot do anything. You will have to carry the system to service center. You can also use a replacement. You can buy a usb webcam which will help you for video chat. That is also cheaper.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,