Thread: Battery of Blackberry Torch 9800 is draining quickly after updating to 6.0-2391

Battery of Blackberry Torch 9800 is draining quickly after updating to 6.0-2391

Hello guys my dad is using Blackberry Torch 9800 Smartphone. All the features are amazing and the mobile functions very good without any trouble. The only issue which I have been facing from last 2 days is with the battery of Blackberry Torch. Two days ago I have updated my dad’s mobile’s software/firmware to 6.0-2391 and after that the mobile battery has started showing draining battery power issue. The battery won’t last for more than 5 hrs of normal use. Do anyone know why this thing is happening and what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Battery of Blackberry Torch 9800 is draining quickly after updating to 6.0-2391

According to me there must be some kind of issue with your battery. I don’t thing new update must have caused that behavior with your Blackberry Torch Smartphone as the update was provided by Blackberry and I am sure before providing any such updates they must have tested the update on their mobile and only then must have launched the update. So I would suggest you to get a new battery and check whether your problem still exists or not.

Re: Battery of Blackberry Torch 9800 is draining quickly after updating to 6.0-2391

You said its being just two days since you performed the update. I would recommend you to give the new updated firmware some time to adapt with your mobile and the installed applications. The firmware is called the brain of your mobile as it controls all the functioning of your mobile. As now you have installed a new brain in your mobile, it will take some time for the new brain to adjust itself. Just give it sometime and you will see the changes. Good Luck.

I would suggest you to re-install the update in your Blackberry Torch 9800 Smartphone. I assume that you must have not installed the update properly in you mobile and that is why you are facing this problem. I would thus recommend you to perform a clean reinstallation of the latest available software by using Blackberry Desktop Manager. Download and install the blackberry desktop manager in your computer and then connect your Torch 9800 with your computer using USB cable and use the Blackberry Desktop manager to update the mobile.

I am also facing the same problem after upgrading my blackberry to their latest update of 6.0-2391. The only solution that help me solving the problem was downgrading your currently installed software to its earlier version or the default version of software in your Blackberry Smartphone. I downgraded the software to 6.0.0.448 Bell software today and luckily all my problem got solved. This seems to be the only solution to get the problem fixed. So I would suggest to try it out.

This is one good solution which have worked for me and many of my friends. The problem might be occurring because some incomplete programs are still running in background which are consuming your battery power continuously and that is why your battery is draining so early. I would suggest you to shut off compression on the storage tab. Remove the SD memory card after selecting the safely remove mode. After some time reinsert the memory card and check whether you are facing the problem again or not.

Thank you, guys for replying so quickly to my post. It was seriously very kind and sweet of you all. I tried all the solutions mentioned above one after another and nothing worked for me. But when I tried the solution of removing the micro SD card, it did the trick for me. There must be some incomplete processes running in background which were causing that battery drain. I read somewhere that the new feature in the latest update includes some kind of indexing features, which kept trying to search for the card, thus consuming lots of battery power. Once again thank you, as it solved all my issues related to my Blackberry torch.