Thread: BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) is not working in Torch 9800

BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) is not working in Torch 9800

Hey guys, I am using Blackberry Torch 9800 from last two months. It was working well and good but started showing up with troubles from last 4 days. The Blackberry messenger; BBM service is not working in my Smartphone. I am unable to send any messages to any of my BBM friends. I don’t get any notification about the message being delivered or Read by the user after I am sending the messages through BBM. Please help me solve my this problem, because this is very annoying at times.

Re: BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) is not working in Torch 9800

I would recommend you to contact your service provider for any issue related to the Blackberry Messenger Service. It might be possible that the BBM service might have got deactivated from your number and that is why you are not able to send or receive any BBM messages. Make sure that the service is activated in your mobile. If not then you need to activate the service and then check if it has started working or not. You can activate the service on monthly, weekly or daily basis according to your convenience.

I would recommend you to perform an update in your Blackberry Torch 9800 mobile. It might be possible that the firmware software of your blackberry device might be out-dated and that is why you are facing this particular problem and you are unable to send any messages using the Blackberry Messenger service of your BB Torch mobile. Make sure that your internet connection is working perfectly fine while you are performing the update of your mobile. Also make sure that the battery of your mobile is fully charged so that you don’t face any issue regarding low battery.

To perform Firmware update in your Blackberry mobile you will be requiring the Blackberry Desktop Manager software. Download this software from the official website of Blackberry and install it in your laptop/PC system. After installing the Blackberry Desktop Manager, run the application and connect your mobile to the computer with the help of USB cable provided to you when you had purchased the mobile. Follow the onscreen instructions and update your mobiles firmware.

Thank you, guys for showing your concern toward my issue. I did exactly as you guys asked me to do. I called up the service provider and he assured me that the BBM service is already activated in my blackberry mobile. Then I updated my firmware software of my mobile following the instruction you guys gave me. Everything happened smoothly except the fact that my problem still remained unsolved. Anyways thank you for your suggestions. I am still waiting for a proper solution for my problem. Hope to find one soon. Thank you in advance.

Your problem seems to be very weird to me. According to me the best solution for your issue is to visit the store from where you purchased your Blackberry Torch 9800 mobile and check whether it is having any internal hardware issues. Or the best solutions would be to visit the nearest Blackberry Store and ask the technical staff of blackberry to solve your issue. If your mobile is under warranty period, then most probably you will get your mobile repaired for free or you will have to spend some cash for doing so.