Thread: Compaq Presario CQ62 - 217CA Notebook webcam not working

Compaq Presario CQ62 - 217CA Notebook webcam not working

I am running Windows 7 64bit on my Compaq Presario CQ62-217CA laptop and having some problem with the integrated webcam on it. Whenever I click on the button of the webcam then I get a message saying that there is no webcam connected. I dont know how to activate the integrated webcam on this laptp. I have already mediasmart but that doesnt work. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Compaq Presario CQ62 - 217CA Notebook webcam not working

If your computer came with a built-in webcam, HP has preinstalled software that you can use to record and share webcam video: either QuickPlay or YouCam. Find these software products on your computer as follows:
    1. Click Start and type quickplay in the Search field. If QuickPlay appears in the search results, click the program name to open the software, and then go to the next step.
    2. If QuickPlay does not appear in the search results, click Start and type youcam in the Search field. If YouCam appears in the search results, click the program name to open the software.

More information is given here - http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...tte.cachetoken

Re: Compaq Presario CQ62 - 217CA Notebook webcam not working

Follow the below method to solve your issue:
    1. Close all other software that you have open, especially software that uses webcam, such as Windows Live Messenger and Skype.
    2. Connect to the Internet if you are not already connected.
    3. Download and install Cyberlink YouCam Software (sp56980) from HP's support web site.
    4. Follow the onscreen setup instructions to complete the installation.
    5. Open Cyberlink YouCam by clicking Start , entering youcam into the search field, and then clicking YouCam from the search results.
    6. If YouCam opens and you can see an image, then you are finished. Your webcam is working.

Source: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=en&dlc=en#N70

Check at the top of the laptop edge to see if there is a integrated webcam present on your laptop. If it is there then you will need to install its driver to get it working. To do that, you must install the webcam driver with the CD/DVD that came with your laptop. Or if you have lost it then go to the HP official website and then download the latest webcam driver available for your laptop and install it in your computer.