Thread: Hard Disk Error 301/303 in Compaq Presario CQ62 Notebook.

Hard Disk Error 301/303 in Compaq Presario CQ62 Notebook.

I brought a Compaq Presario CQ62 laptop 8 month ago configuration Intel Core i3-330M Processor (2.13GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache), 512 nvdia Graphic Card, 4GB DDR3 RAM,500 GB HARD DRIVE, integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN, Webcam and Microphone, 1 year Limited Warranty. I use notepad very rarely. When I turn on my notebook it shows an error message of hard disk and display as problem has been detected with your hard disk and showing error code as 303.

Re: Hard Disk Error 301/303 in Compaq Presario CQ62 Notebook.

S.M.A.R.T is basically abbreviation for the self-monitoring and reporting technology. This is a diagnostic method firstly developed by an IBM which was introduced in an ATA -3 specifications. This technology is used to detect the fault in your drive. Enter in to the bios setup and change the smart hard disk capability to enable if disable and vice versa if disable then enable it. And reboot system and check whether the problem still exists or not. Happy to help.

This error cannot confirm that the hard drive is totally damage there may be improper installation of disk due to which it cannot able to boot properly. Verify that the sata native for driver is enables in BIOS. If everything is proper then perform the hard disk test. It will take around a 45-60 minute to finish the disk diagnostic .If finished without any error then do not worry about hard disk. Update all the necessary drivers in your notebook and check if your issue is solved.

S.M.A.R.T is basically self-diagnostic for your hard disk. As it run a, tiny C.P.U inside Monitor certain parameter, if it fall below a certain threshold, trigger a SMART error. With the help of BIOS or IDE controller, you will see the error, which will allow you to do something about it rather than sudden experience hardware failure. Now a day all hard disk is equipped with SMART Capabilities. If there is an error you have to replace your hard drive. I recommend take of your data back-up from hard disk before it get damage

Based on a drive diagnostic, Compaq has committed an IntelliSafeTM, which was submitted to ATA/IDE standard committees and the resulting standard was named as SMART. It analyze many working issue attribute like a Over time, some failures can be estimate by detecting if Hard drive is not functioning or moving out of the tolerance. It can detect upcoming issues, not all hard drive failures are estimated. Referring to software, smart or intelligence is able to program the function. Verify hard disk is properly installed and configuration is proper. If your issue is not solved then contact to your notebook manufacture and replace the hard disk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzz View Post
    S.M.A.R.T is basically abbreviation for the self-monitoring and reporting technology. This is a diagnostic method firstly developed by an IBM which was introduced in an ATA -3 specifications. This technology is used to detect the fault in your drive. Enter in to the bios setup and change the smart hard disk capability to enable if disable and vice versa if disable then enable it. And reboot system and check whether the problem still exists or not. Happy to help.
    I have Windows 7 Compaq Presario CQ61 and Everytime I turn it on, I get a message saying Hard Disk 301 error and it tells me to run a Hard Disk Test and fail, but when i press escape (ESC) it goes to normal window and i can use in normal way. please help me to remove this error