Thread: Unable to use the microphone in hp pavillion dv6000

Unable to use the microphone in hp pavillion dv6000

I am using the hp pavilion dv6000 laptop and I am using windows vista in my laptop. I normally use to do audio recording in my laptop and also use my laptop microphone when I do calls from Skype. Some days before when I was uninstalling the unnecessary software from my laptop at that time uninstalled some application which wad required in my laptop now I am not able to use my microphone please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

Re: Unable to use the microphone in hp pavillion dv6000

I have gone through your problem and as you have said in your post that you have uninstalled the some necessary application from your laptop. I think you have uninstalled your audio drivers also. That is why I would like to tell you that first check in your laptop that audio driver are installed or not. If it is not installed in your system then I think you should install it first. After that you will be able to use the microphone in your laptop. I hope this trick will fix your problem.

After reading your problem I will suggest you to try these steps to solve your problem. First go to my computer and after that right click on the open area. After that click on the properties and then select the device manager. In device manager click on the sound option and enable that by doing right click on that. After that restart your laptop, now after restarting the laptop you will not face any issue with your microphone. Just try these steps to fix your problem.

If you are not able to solve your problem after trying above solution also then I have one solution for you. First remove the all the audio driver from your system, after that delete all the temporary files from your laptop and then restart your laptop. Now insert your driver CD in your laptop, after that install the audio driver in your laptop. Now check your microphone is working properly or not? I think this trick will fix your issue and you will be able to solve your problem.

I was facing the same problem in my laptop as I was not able to use my microphone in my laptop. After that I tried to solve this problem by installing the driver from the driver CD. But after installing the driver also my microphone was not working, after that downloaded the updated driver from internet and then I installed it in my laptop. After installing that driver I am able to use the microphone in my laptop, I think you should try same thing to solve your problem.

If you audio driver is not helping you to use the microphone in your laptop then I think you can start your microphone by doing this. For that you have to download this driver by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After downloading those driver install this driver in your system and then try to use your microphone. This trick has solved my problem and that is why I am suggesting you to download this driver. This driver will surly solve your issue.

After trying all the things I was still facing the same issue. I was thinking to contact the service center but before that I have read your post. After reading you post I have downloaded the drivers given in your above post. After installing that driver I am not facing any issues with my laptop microphone and my microphone is working absolutely fine. Now I am able to make call from Skype also. Thank you so much for giving me that driver and helping me.