Thread: Unable to connect to Internet via blackberry browser in Torch 9800

Unable to connect to Internet via blackberry browser in Torch 9800

Hey guys my friend is facing this weird problem with his new Blackberry Torch 9800 Smartphone. Whenever we are trying to connect to the Internet using the Blackberry browser available in his Blackberry Torch 9800 device, we are unable to do so. We are unable to make out the real reason behind this issue with his Blackberry mobile. If anybody is having any kind of knowledge on this issue or having a solution for this problem then please help me by giving your quality suggestions.

Re: Unable to connect to Internet via blackberry browser in Torch 9800

As you said that you are unable to connect to the Internet using the browser of your Blackberry Torch 9800 Smartphone, I assume that you must not be having any Data Plan activated in your mobile and that is why there is no service of Internet browsing for you. You must probably contact your Service Provider and ask them to send you the Internet connection settings in your mobile. Take all details about different data plans which is provided by your service provider and select one as per your requirement. Save the Internet Settings and Enjoy browsing in your Smartphone.

You should probably try using different browsers to access Internet in your Blackberry Torch mobile. I would recommend you to use Opera Mobile Browser and check whether you are able to access Internet or not. You can search for the Opera Mobile browser on Internet and download it in your laptop/desktop PC and transfer it in your Blackberry mobile using USB cable or Bluetooth. Install Opera Mobile in your mobile and continue enjoying the facility of Internet browsing in your mobile.

I would suggest you to recall the Service Books in your Blackberry mobile. You can do so by following the below steps:
    • Click on the Options menu
    • Now click on Device
    • Go to advanced System Settings
    • Select Host Routing Table and then click on the menu button
    • A new menu will appear. Select "Register Now" from this menu.
    • The above process will get completed in 1-2 minutes. On completion you will receive a message that will confirm that you are connected to BlackBerry
    • Now try your Browser to access Internet

There must be some kind of issue with your Blackberry Torch 9800 mobile, some hardware or software issue. Rather than experimenting with your mobile yourself, I would recommend you to get your mobile checked and repaired by someone who has got very good technical knowledge about blackberry mobiles. The best solution would be the Blackberry Service Centre, as the technical staff of blackberry would be able to solve all your issues related to your Blackberry mobile.

I am living in Zimbabwe and we don't have BIS or BES. I just bought a BB device and would like to use the browser. If there is anyone who knows how to activate the browser may write to me on bmugore@gmail.com