Thread: MY HP Elitebook 8440p laptop display is freezing

MY HP Elitebook 8440p laptop display is freezing

I have purchased the HP Elitebook 8440p and I am facing one problem in my laptop. When I use my laptop at that time my laptop screen gets stuck for two to three seconds. I am facing this problem very regularly. Earlier I thought that only my mouse pointer is freezing then I realize that my whole display id freezing. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. If any one has any solution to that problem then please let me know. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: MY HP Elitebook 8440p laptop display is freezing

I have gone through your problem and I can give you one trick which you can try to solve your problem. If you are using the AERO theme in you operating system then I think you should first disable it and run your operating system in basic theme only. I think this idea will fix your issue and you will not face this problem again in your laptop. If you are facing this issue even after trying these steps then please let me know, so I can provide you solution according to that only.

If you are unable to solve this issue and if you have tried above solution then I have one idea to rectify this. First right click on the desktop and go to the properties after that click on the resolution setting. Now change the resolution of your laptop. If you are using the windows 7 then you will be having the option to detect the resolution. Click on the detect button and it will automatic the set the resolution for your laptop. Now click on the ok. This trick will fix your issue.

According to me this kind problems normally comes when there is something wrong with laptop graphic drivers. That is why I suggest you to first check your graphic driver is properly installed in your laptop or not? You should also try to solve your problem by running the Ccleaner. This application will repair all the registry files form your laptop and also delete the unwanted files from your system. I hope this solution will fix your issue. Please let me know what the result is?

After watching your post I will suggest you one solution which will fix your issue. You can solve your screen freezing problem by downloading the Intel HD graphic driver. You can download this driver from its official site. After downloading the driver install it in your laptop after that redstart your laptop. After restarting the laptop you will not face this screen freezing problem again in your laptop. Try this trick hopefully it will fix your issue.

I was also facing the same issue with my laptop after that I have tried to search the solution for this problem but I didn’t find any tricks. After that I also tried to fix this issue by installing the different drivers in my laptop but that also didn’t make any difference for me. After that I have downloaded this DRIVER. After installing this driver I am not facing any issues with my laptop. I think you can also fix your issue by installing that driver. Hopefully it will fix your issue.

I tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the driver and installing it again but that idea didn’t worked for me. After that I have read your reply regarding Intel HD graphic driver, and then I have tried to search the driver on the internet. After searching it so many times I didn’t find any driver. After that I clicked on the given link and downloaded that driver. Now all the things are working fine. Thank you for giving me that link. I really appreciate your help.