Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to enter in HP Pavilion dv7 laptop?s BIOS

Portable Devices

Old 21-05-2011

Unable to enter in HP Pavilion dv7 laptop?s BIOS

I am having a HP Pavilion DV7-2230es, which is having pre-installed windows 7, ATI Radeon HD 4650 Graphics video card with a 2815 MB graphic memory and 650GB hard disk.4 GB RAM, keyboard with integrated numeric keypad. Actually OS cannot able to start my Laptop. I have tried to reinstall the OS but, it cannot able to enter into the BIOS. When laptop start, it show ?press F1? for System information when I do that its gets hang and nothing happen with F10 I get ?BIOS Configuration?, but it not seem to work. I have done hard disk reset.

Old 21-05-2011

re: Unable to enter in HP Pavilion dv7 laptop?s BIOS

If you are able to enter in Bios Configuration by hitting a F10 then simply go to the boot device priority and set the first device priority to the optical disk and insert the windows re-installation disk in to optical disk drive and reboot the system. If it system can?t able to boot from optical disk then restart laptop and verify that the changes you have made in bios is persistence. If changes are not persistence then simply replace the CMOS battery of your laptop and again try to enter into bios and make changes save that and proceed for re-installation.
Old 21-05-2011

Set bios configurations to default, this will restore all setting of your laptop that has come from the manufacturer. Then set boot priority as optical drive first and proceed for re-installation of OS .If then this get hang, verifies the processer fan is working properly and it is not getting overheated. If Processer fan is not working (sometime call as a cooling fan) then contact to your technician that will make fan to work properly by replacing it or he may take it for repairing purpose.
Old 21-05-2011

There may be issue with the internal hardware. As I think it may majorly concern with the main board (Motherboard) of your laptop. If your laptop is in warranty then go for the replacement to the authorized service center. Or get laptop repaired with the professional. As laptops start with properly but due to malfunctioning of bois firmware which is hard coded program integrated into bios chip it gets hang after sometime.
Old 21-05-2011

The issue mainly concern with the bios of your laptop motherboard. The primary function of bios is to load all the hardware that are installed on your laptop and start the OS normally. Go to the bios and verify that the rotation/minute of the laptop CPU fan is proper and verify that the CPU clock is adjusted to the higher clock. Over clocking, incorrect performance may cause component temperature to rise so quickly that they destroy themselves. If your motherboard supports dual bios then recover it from there.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,