Thread: System file failed after Windows XP Downgrade on HP 8510p

System file failed after Windows XP Downgrade on HP 8510p

My brother has a HP laptop 8510p. When he had purchased this laptop then in this laptop vista premium installed. Vista was very slow in this laptop. And also vista some was not supported. That’s why I have uninstalled the vista from in this laptop. Then I installed the windows xp. After downgrading from vista to windows xp. When I start the system then it will shows the system file failed error. I don’t know about this error. I searched this error on the Google. However I didn’t get the error. So I want to solve this problem. But I don’t have any idea if anyone know about the solution then tell me.

re: System file failed after Windows XP Downgrade on HP 8510p

Ok. I don’t have also much idea but I am telling you what I know about this those are precisely what you require. No require to call HP service center. You will boot from the XP disk and install operating system. Then install the softwares and applications and driver for Windows XP DVD (disc mystery) and may be automatically run and install all of existence, or you can disable what you do not require to install - custom. I am extremely sure that with the clean image of Microsoft XP and only the software and drivers you want, you should have no trouble with any of your other applications such as Office.

I have yet to total restoration of system disks that I am very busy at the moment and also I have little free time and the require for computer. I made another image restoration, maintaining the equipment used, but does not fix the O / S problem. This takes more time for process , and I can hack my Compaq laptop 2002 (business) waiting. I might add is in the original XP Pro O / S (with all service packs and updates) and third hard drive. Whenever the failed disk in this, I had a clean image via Norton Ghost 2003 and restored it completely. I think that we all disks in the system for Dell. When I have time, probably vista will be restored to the business so I start to know the O / S, which will be in my next team in the fall (probably a mobile workstation.).

I would like to tell you about the configuration for the xp. Friend when you had downgraded the operating system. Then you will install the xp driver or not. Because vista and xp drivers both are different. Bye the way I am telling you the method for installing the xp. First of all you will set the computer to start in fresh boot and then 50 -50 using a consultative approach to implementation that these files are associated. Once you find the applications that ask you to uninstall and reinstall. I am giving you the link where you will find the some steps for fresh boot.
    How to configure Windows XP for starting "fresh boot" state

According your problem I want to suggest you that when you will be installing the windows xp. Then remember you will run the widows xp driver. I think you are installing the vista driver. Also you should follow the steps of the installation. And you should know your windows xp cd is working properly of at the time of installation it is arising any error. After installation you will download the driver for the windows xp. I am giving a link where you will get the all driver for your laptop.
    Click here:

Re: System file failed after Windows XP Downgrade on HP 8510p

I think when you downgrade the operating system in your laptop then factory installed in your laptop. I had a shop evaluate the HP and they got the some registry errors. But I think every computer has different function. I have tried to another computer. Then I saw the same problem with this laptop. Means all files failed. I have an image of the hard disk at original setup and I can rapidly redo the drive with this. According me you should do the update the system. My main thing is as if there is something basically incorrect with XP downgrades t by which it lead to system errors. So first of all you will update the system. I think your problem will be solved.