Thread: Upgrading SSD on Corsair 600T

Upgrading SSD on Corsair 600T

Does it is preferable to upgrade an SSD in place of an regular hard drive. The case which I am using right now is Corsair 600T. There is enough space in that and right now I had already configure two hard drives. With that an SSD looks a better choice. So I just want to know that will this be a better choice. There is an extra SSD pending and that I can utilize in the cabinet. But that has as very low size. I prefer to go for a new and remove my old 80GB Also there are additional connections provided over the cpu case which is not a issue.

Re: Upgrading SSD on Corsair 600T

Yes you can do that and it is not a major issue. SSD upgrade is always a better choice in place of a regular hard drive, but the same is also costly. I had found an Kingstons SSD which gives you 64 and 128 GB support for the hardware. SSD gives you a performance boost at a lower power consumption in place of regular pc and in cabinet of what you mentioned is quiet enough to deal with the same.

SSD will always have an advantage over regular ssd. Today SSD can come with a capacity of 120 GB. The individual memory cells of an SSD can be faster and read at better rate. It actually depends on the quality that can be expected with between 100,000 and give up to five million write operations. So that gives a longer life and better writing power over SSD. It looks like a lot but when read and write operations are triggered by a software the speed can be reached at faster rate.

One of the ssd that I can used recently is S592 which is one of the latest developments in the A-DATA SSD-range. It is an good value for money product. This one come in the variants of 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB, 256 GB which has already been announced. There is nothing to deal with the cpu case in this, there is always an extra space and all you need is to get a proper slot on the motherboard to connect the same. Check for slots on the motherboard.

You can also go and check for an SSD released by Intel. It is Intel's X25-M series. Right now it is counted as the entry level SSD and really very costly. It is because, it has MLC based chips and this makes it more expensive then SLC memory cells which are in X25-E series SSD. The 160 GB version is also available to the same performance. The Intel SSDs are also at Kingston as a SSD M (X25-M) and SSDNow E (X25-E).

It is right to choose SSD over regular hard drive. There are various reason for the same. The reason behind that it is that consume less energy. As it does not have any kind of moving parts the SSD works better. You can reach much higher speed than the regular hard drive. You can work on longer hours on the hard drive making it more functional and suitable. All you need to use a SSD, you have a SATA port. Simply replace the current hard disk by a SSD, and ready.