Thread: Getting bug code USB driver error on HP pavilion dv7

Getting bug code USB driver error on HP pavilion dv7

I am having an HP pavilion laptop model number dv7. My laptop is having windows 7 ultimate version and core i7 processor. It’s been a few months I purchased this laptop and nowadays I observed that I am getting blue screen sometimes which shows bug code error. I don’t know about this problem much but it usually happens when I try to insert USB device. So help me out to solve this error so that I could use my laptop properly.

Re: Getting bug code USB driver error on HP pavilion dv7

As you mentioned that when you are inserting any USB device then you get blue screen saying bug code error, so I guess there is some problem with your USB driver. So just go to device manager and there you would find the USB drivers. Select each of the USB drivers and uninstall them. As you uninstall the drivers restart your laptop and windows 7 would automatically install the needed USB drivers and I guess after this it wouldn’t happen.

I guess this bug code problem is due to the corrupted USB driver. So in order to get back your properly working laptop you should restore your laptop to a previous state. This would let your system to roll back to a normal state when your system was working fine. So just go to systems restore and select the restore point from there and it would restore it. But be sure that you backup all the useful data so that you would not end up to another problem.

The blue screen may be occurring due to some of the missing system files. So check whether if any files is missing or corrupted by running system file checker utility by typing sfc/scannow in the command prompt window. The process would start verifying for all needed files and at the end it would ask for the final confirmation which says that whether you want to repair for the some of the corrupted files and hence this would solve the issue and I guess you won’t get any blue screen further.

The blue screen is a critical error and it is not nice that laptop shows the blue screen of death. I think you should contact the HP support so that they might know something related to your problem. HP customer support would solve your problem but for this you may need to visit there service center. It may take some days to fix your issue as they are having lots of complaints about their products and to solve each of them they may take time.