Thread: Formatting Nokia N8

Formatting Nokia N8

Hi I have a brand new Nokia N8, I purchased it last month it has good features like sensitive touch screen, wide display, good sound & the best part is the 12 MP camera. The pre installed application is the added advantage like ovi store & I have also installed various applications on my Nokia N8 which make this phone a complete multi-media & a business phone, I don’t know now what the problem has started, it is getting hang again & again & I have to re-start it by removing the battery. I m facing this problem from last couple of days. I need to format my phone but I don’t wish to give at any store for this I need to try by my hand, can anyone please help with some easy & comfortable way.

Re: Formatting Nokia N8

Why you opting for format of your Nokia N8, might be there is a chance for a virus attack on your mobile phone, as you have downloaded many application from the internet. I strongly recommend you to download the useful application from the trusted web-site only. Always try to keep your phone memory a minimum usage this will improve the performance of your phone & there are various trusted anti-virus available over the internet. But if you still want to format your Nokia phone then take it to the dealer they are the professional & there is always a risk involve when we try new things.

Definitely you can format your Nokia N8 by yourself but I hope u must know the side-effect after the format. The ovi store application is no more available after your format your phone. Also social network application is not available. Still if you insist for formatting, just follow the procedure below. First of all take the back up of your phone as well memory card data. Then open the Setting > Phone > Phone Management> Factory Setting then select ‘Delete data & recover’ this will format your phone memory as well memory card memory. Wait until you see the Nokia hand-shaking logo, your phone is formatted and ready to use. This will help you.

Formatting can be done without going into phone setting, just follow the procedure. Don’t forget to take the back up of your phone. There is the loss of data if back not taken. First turn off your mobile, then hold the volume down & camera key & Menu key together and at the same time press power button until your phone vibrates & wait until screen doesn’t come back. This is the simplest way you can format your phone. Please avoid formatting your phone again & again as this might give your phone a major problem in future.