Thread: Audio driver missing on BenQ laptop.

Audio driver missing on BenQ laptop.

Hi, I have a BenQ Joybook S35 laptop with Intel Pentium Dual Core processor, 500Gb hard disk, 3gb DDR RAM, good battery life, Intel Realtek HD, which runs on windows 7 OS, last week due to some technical problem I was forced to format my laptop, after the format & re-installation of the OS I noticed that my Audio driver was crashed. I don’t how it happened but I want to get this thing resolved. I have search badly on internet but I didn’t have any solution for that. Please suggest me some help, do I need to format my laptop once again, I don’t want to lose my data again.

Re: Audio driver missing on BenQ laptop.

No need to worry there might be missing sound/audio driver on your laptop. Click on Start, Right click on My Computer >Manage> Device Manager. In Device manager you will see the hardware peripheral installed on your laptop, if you found a yellow exclamation mark on Sound label, then there is a problem with the sound drive. Your system is not able to detect the sound/audio drive. Try to do the system restore on your laptop. System restore will help your system to restore in previous date. Just check after doing System Restore is your sound working. This might help you.

If System restore doesn’t help your problem try to install it by using the motherboard cd, insert your motherboard cd, don’t open the cd drive. Right click on My Computers > Manage> Device Manager, location sound icon, right click on the sound icon and click on install. This will re-install your driver. Just re-start your machine and check whether your sound is coming. If still you face the same problem, visit the company’s website. There are updated drivers available on company’s website. This will definitely help you.

There is no need for you to format your whole machine, just take a back of your C: drive, insert the bootable CD and restart the machine, go in the bios setup & select C: Drive to boot, this will format your C: drive, after formatting re-install the operation system, after your installed the OS, insert the Mother board CD and click on the drivers like sound, graphic card to install the same. This is the best way, just don’t forget to take the back up of your C:drive.