Thread: Weak signal for Nokia E71 how to improve it.

Weak signal for Nokia E71 how to improve it.

Hi friends, I have purchased new Nokia E71 last month, it has some nice features, Qwerty keypad, good sound quality & bright display but one major drawback is I m not able to connect the call. There is a problem with phone’s reception, whenever I make or receive a call the voice is breaking in between and I m not able to heat the caller properly. The signal strength in my Nokia is full, even thought when is full the problem is the same. The problem is same when I am using hands free. Please guys suggest me some way where I can improve signal strength of my Nokia E71.

re: Weak signal for Nokia E71 how to improve it.

There might be a problem with battery, your battery uses more power when it is on call rather than on standby, Always keep on your phone on charging when the battery is at single point. Avoid un-necessary charging your phone, this will lead into damage of the battery, also avoid making calls & receiving calls when your battery is at one point. Try to check whether the signal is same at home & outside, might be there are chances that network is getting blocked though the signal is full. Change your service provider, today many service provider give you the service without changing your number. Still you face the problem, then get your phone replaced or try to get a new battery from the Nokia care.

If your locality is near big buildings & large structure there are changes of your network to get blocked, the signal near these area are week, try to make a call moving outside the buildings or moving near windows. If you face reception problem on street try to walk at the intersection, the signal quality is far better. Always remember cell phone radio waves cannot penetrate the earth, so in any case if you walk from underground or if your locality is surrounded by big structures changes of the signal are very less. Install a cellular repeater. Cell phone repeater picks up the low signal with the help of the antenna boosts the signal and broadcast the signal over the coverage area. This works even when your phone is at minimum 2 signal bars. Try to use dual-band cell phone repeater. Today mostly the sim cards are dual-band.

Cell phone repeater is the possible way to improve the signal strength; it not only improves the signal quality but also improves the battery life. Apart from it the possible way might be you may not be holding your phone in the correct way. In newer phone the antenna is placed at the bottom of the phone, so while handling your phone, try to hold it using your fingers & talk rather than holding in your palm, holding cell phone in your palm may block the signal. Still if the problem is not re-covered then contact to Nokia care & get your cell phone replaced.

sad re: Weak signal for Nokia E71 how to improve it.

I have been testing three phones side-by-side: a Nokia E71, a Nokia E63 and a Motorola Razr2 V9 on ATT's gsm (no g3) network. The signal strength on the V9 is solid, full strength, all bars. The signal sterngth on the E71 is poor, erratic and fluctuates from no bars to 5 bars. The signal strength for the E63 is better that the E71 but not stellar like the V9. I thought it was a carrier issue (new towers, etc.) so I purchased a pre-paid Tmobile card for testing purposes. I inserthed it on the E71 with fresh Nokia battery and the signal strength issue remained. I have not tested the Tmo sim on the other phones yet. I like Nokias because of the free gps and they are truly network independent. I just ordered a Nokia E6-00 because besides the free gps it includes all gsm and g3 frequencies that no other phone has so it can be used on any gsm network on the globe - truly open, unbranded and free. Any comments appreciated.

Re: Weak signal for Nokia E71 how to improve it.

Hi elias123,

As per my research I have found out that indeed the Nokia E71 has some major signal reception issues, so to solve this, completely cover the bottom back plastic piece with your hand, and check out the number of bars you have. Then, grab the phone just at the very top by the ear piece, and hold it for a couple seconds. Check now if the reception is boosting or not.

Re: Weak signal for Nokia E71 how to improve it.

I tested my E71, two (2) iphones at the office, my E63, my brand new (virgin)E6-00 and they ALL have the sam issue (severe signal fluctuation while stationery) on the 2G (GSM) frequencies. It is NOT the antenna design as many claim, they most likely all use the same antenna design anyway. The reason seem to be the loading of the 2g frequencies because they sub-lease 2g towers to lower tier providers as well as industries (i.e. oil tank farms use to report data - lower cost for them). Also, some 2g have been converted to 3G that makes the availability of 2g more scarse and the receiver, handset, will try to link to the nearest tower but if it is filled to capacity will pull the one farther away and that is what you see on your antenna signal strength meter, the fluctuation. My E71 did not have this problem when I purchased 2-3 years ago but it does now as they do all the other handsets I mentioned above. It is possible to slightly improve reception by reseting the phone (was manufacture'r recommendation) but it did not help in my case.