Thread: How to install root certificate and personal certificate in xoom ?

How to install root certificate and personal certificate in xoom ?

Hi, I heard that the xoom’s latest software supports individual proxy settings for WI-FI connections, I would like to use the wireless network at my place, but before using that I think I need to install some certificate may be, but I am not aware how to install it, in how and from where do we get such a certificate for xoom, my friend told me that we just need to keep it in the device, I mean to say, no need to install it, is he correct?

Re: How to install root certificate and personal certificate in xoom ?

Yeah, that’s very good that you know about such a certificate that we have to install it in the device in order to connect to the wireless network. And let me tell you as you want to download it, first of all you need to download it, and you’ll get it from the official website, and it has different kind of files, like I think your device support *.cer and *.pfx this two files, and if you have the latest software that’s android 3.1 then the files are different, and they are *.cer and *.cab. You can search it on internet and can download it easily.

I don’t know exactly from where you can download it, but I will recommend you not to download it from any website, as they might not be legitimate, rather purchase it from the authorized center, as I have done the same and you’ll be able to use those certificate without fail, as I have different device but I hope some of setting will be same, you just simply have to put those files in to the root directory of the SD card and save with the extension .PFX for your xoom and you’ll be able to import it from the SD card and it will work properly.

This certificates are necessary to access the wireless network as well, so install it, you need to follow some steps, First of all you need to download it from the Motorola’s website, and the click on the apps on your tablet, then click on setting in that the menu will appear, so from that select application and then select development, remember one thing, USB debugging is unchecked. Now connect your tablet to the computer using the USB cable and open the windows explorer, and open the directory and copy all the certificate to the root directory in the device storage. And now access it from your tablet itself and browse that files in your tablet and install it, don’t forget to unplug the USB otherwise you won’t get the option ‘install from the USB’ will be grayed and you’ll not be able to install it.

Brother If you’re using the older version then I don’t think that you have to download that certificate because as if you use only the latest update of android, then you must have to install it, but as far as I know if you install a new software, in other words I mean to say if you update your tablet’s software you’ll get those certificate files with it only, you won’t have to download it from the internet and in fact no need to install it.

I have the same authentication issue as it says ‘you need to install the certificate’. And that’s why I am not able to access the web servers. But I don’t think they have put it on the internet, rather we have to buy those certificate from their official website, and then only we’ll be able to use wireless connection. And i would say don't bother about installing that software as it is too easy to do that, just we have to browse from where we have keep and install it.

Other than this Gtalk I like another features too, like it has launched such a service that provide facility to rent a movie from the android market, and it is superb, in fact I would say It minimize almost half of the expenditure we spent on watching movies. Its superb really, and I was literally waiting for this update. I use to play the videos on that, and it has a full support for the final release of Adobe Flash Player 10.2, which delivers significant performance while watching the rich content on the internet, I’d say I just loving it.