Thread: Unable to install Nook Color with update 1.1

Unable to install Nook Color with update 1.1

I am having Nook Color. I was trying to update the device of mine with the update 1.1.0. after playing for couple of hours I did not managed to update the device of mine. I am totally clueless why this particular issue is happening on the device of mine. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to fix the matter of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to install Nook Color with update 1.1

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I let you know that the file which you are downloading that is sideload_update.zip should be into the lowercase. In the situation of mine it was Sideload_update.zip and it was not working for me at all. Well I have changed the S to the lowercase and put the device of mine into the Sleep mode. Just into the 2 minutes the update process begun. So try the same I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

I am suggesting that you should perform a soft reset on the device and see whether it is helpful to you or not. Well you need to simply turn off the device of yours for the 10 seconds and remove the battery, now you should reinsert the battery on the device of yours and power the device of yours. after doing the above mentioned thing you should try to update the Nook Color of yours.

I think you need to perform Factory reset and see whether it is working or not.Well you should press and hold the power button N key together. You will get a prompt on the screen stating ‘if you wanted to continue with the Factory Reset you need to press the Home button’ the device of yours would deregister, reset and reboot. It would factory reset the device of yours. Well you should try the same and let me know about the result.

Well looking at the matter which you have mentioned over here I am suspecting that there is an issue with the update itself. I mean to say that there could be bug issue into the update. So I recommend that you should contact the developer and simply file the bug report to them. The developer team would work around on the situation and release the update as soon as they have fixed the patch for the same.

I am not sure but there could be an issue with the device itself. So in order to identify the issue you have to visit the official service center. Well I want to know whether you are having the service warranty or not. If you are having the same then can claim the service warranty. You should not have the physical damage for the device otherwise you will void the service warranty. I am hoping that the service center people would help you to fix the problem of yours.