Thread: Root Nook color after installing update 1.1.

Root Nook color after installing update 1.1.

I am having a Nook Color on which I have installed update 1.1. Well I am looking to root the Nook of mine. it is possible to root the Nook after applying the update 1.1. let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance

Re: Root Nook color after installing update 1.1.

You should consider the following thing before you begin with the process.
    • You should download the software update on the computer. you have to connect the computer and Nook color by using the USB cable.
    • You should drag and drop the zip file to the main directory of the Nook Color drive.
    • Now you should unplug the computer and the device of yours. the device would automatically detect the software and went to sleep mode and begin with the installation process.
    • Once the process is completed the device would reboot automatically and go for the home screen.

Looking at the requirement of yours you have to download and installed the Autonooter from the official website. you can use this particular software for the rooting of the device of yours. once you have downloaded you have to extract the same. now you should use the WinImage. You should place the SD card on the external SD card. You have to launch the WinImage and go for Disk and go for Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image on Physical Drive and choose the SD card Reader and look for the unzipped file of the AutoNooter.

Now you need to use the following instruction.
    1. You have to connect the Nook and computer by using the USB cable and reboot the device.
    2. You have to choose the Enable Location Services and click on the Continue.
    3. Now you have connect to the Wi-Fi and simply open the YouTube.
    4. Also you should login to Gmail account so that it can sync with Google.
    5. Now launch the Market you have to accept the terms and conditions and see whether you are able to download the apps or not.

Well in this particular situation you might need to reformat the SD card and get back to the normal state. On the Nook Color you have to go for the settings you have to go for the Device Info and go for the SD card. you have to click on the Unmount and then go for the Format option. Once the process is completed you need to go for the remounting the SD card and you will not have any issue.

I am suggesting that an optional thing which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. once you have completed with the above mentioned things you need to do custom recovery image on the computer of yours. it is an optional thing so you need not worry about that particular thing. anyway if you are having any specific query you should feel free to ask about the same.