Thread: Improper working of Bluetooth keyboard with Motorola xoom

Improper working of Bluetooth keyboard with Motorola xoom

We have the bluetooth keyboard, and enjoy the aesthetics of xoom quick to share the use of web navigation devices in the kitchen / living room or anywhere in our home.
    However, the bluetooth keyboard does not work well for us. The keys are left behind and often are lost or duplicated. In addition, from time to time a key is stuck on repeat, and the only way to stop it is remove the battery from the keyboard. My wife had a terrible struggle with this problem yesterday, as she had written three paragraphs of an email when the keyboard "return" key was stuck and proceeded to delete your entire email by repeating the backspace key. She did not know to rapidly take out the battery, so that their work is completely lost. Is this behavior normal keyboard? Is this keyboard just a poorly designed device, or give me a lemon or should I RMA?

Re: Improper working of Bluetooth keyboard with Motorola xoom

I am currently using the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 that I really like the feeling, and have not had any problems with it. When I'm on the road using the Logitech Dinovo Mini which is actually a small keyboard with the mouse. It works well when I'm doing demos and presentations at Xoom. When I'm on the road can xoom entry without having to show the onscreen keyboard and I use Xoom Dinovo while traveling rather than to use it at home.

I have a habit of typing the letters fast and my speed is around 100 wpm. I have Motorola xoom and I mainly use it for browsing the internet. I have checked out that the xoom is quite slow when typing and the characters are left behind or lagged for around few words and I am actually more far away from it. Thus I try to type a bit slow and thus I am able to watch at which word I am and which word I am currently writing. Well I don’t think so that there is any solution for it. But I haven’t noticed any connection failure till today. You can check your connection once again.

Hey buddy even I am using the same keyboard but I didn’t had any problem in the loss of connection. I have also tried typing very fast and vigorously. Also I tried pressing many keys randomly but still there was no problem at all. The only issue is that is a bit slow. Well in your case, I would prefer you to try bringing you friend’s keyboard and check or else if your keyboard is in warranty then have a replacement. I hope replacing your keyboard with a new one may solve your problem.

Most likely RF interference. I found this cause of BT devices to automatically gets reconnect. If there are lots of radio frequency emitting devices which tend to use more, I would try to use it in different areas. This problem was very common to Logitech’s MX5000 keyboard and BT adapter a few years ago especially if you plugged the adapter into the back of the computer. When I had the keyboard, at certain times (and more annoying) than to write documents or respond to email than previously thought and reconnection would occur when I would go back again rather than the entire document or reply ended up by"backspace."
    I can not even begin to tell the fury that triggered the keyboard of my upstairs window in the concrete patio. In any case, it occurs when there is a lot of interference, or so it has been my experience.

Is this the official keyboard of Motorola which you are using? Well, all you can do is restart the xoom and detach /re-pair the keyboard. There is not much to configure when speaking about the official Motorola keypad. Do all these things are happening from the first day of use or after a while? It may be in worst case take it back and exchange. I have not encountered this problem and I had the Motorola official BT keyboard from the first day of release. Try it.

I think not only you but many people have encountered the problem of stick keys. You can get rid of your stick key problems just by turning off the BT keyboard or you can also do it by pressing keyboard icon which is present right corner at the lower side on your xoom display. This will basically stops al the characters from appearing again and again. Thus keep pressing this key for few seconds and hit the keyboard icon for closing the display of notification. Thus the keyboard will reacquaint with your phone.