Thread: Cannot connect Bluetooth devices with Motorola xoom after 3.1 update

Cannot connect Bluetooth devices with Motorola xoom after 3.1 update

I have bought a new BT 5000 Notebook mouse, keyboard and BT Motorola S9 headset HD. The update 3.1 has corrected the error of repeating key, but when the keyboard and mouse are connected, the keyboard is disconnected every few minutes. The mouse also creates problem with the headset, except when I don’t use the mouse again.
    The function of the mouse is very impressive and I understand that several of BT can interfere with each other. But Xoom should be able to handle publicity 7? BT connections? My keyboard and headphones work together with minimal disruption, so I'm not ruling out the mouse. Please reply if anyone’s keyboard or mouse is functioning properly

Re: Cannot connect Bluetooth devices with Motorola xoom after 3.1 update

The room for WiFi and Bluetooth both is only about 83MHz broad in the 2.4GHz band. While there are multiple channels in the band there are only 3 that really do not overlap and each non-overlapping channel is about 22 MHz wide. In the same band of gap there is room for 79 channels Bluetooth. But if you are using wifi in xoom or in the house, which means about 22 channels are wasted and cannot be used. This could be the problem why your keyboard and mouse are not working properly.

Now that is assuming that you are solely using WIFI. Check whether your neighbors are using wifi or using wifi AP then that could make other Bluetooth channels unusable. If you have the configuration of your AP to "find the best channel" could be also clobbering himself as your access point will move its channels or scan other channels, and beat up a Bluetooth device Bluetooth channel, but could be used. So it is better to block the AP to a specific channel. May this help you?

If something is creating a disturbance to the Bluetooth channel that it will jump to the next channel. What would be your wifi, if it considers that it is not clear that it will jump to the next? If WiFi often respond poorly to this as it is Wi-Fi Ethernet, sees it as packet loss that follows all the background and try a slower pace. In most cases, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi WiFi coexist very well as it stays in place, and is held in Bluetooth.

See there are chances that when two devices that are connected to the xoom via Bluetooth then they may create disturbances to each other and thus they may end taking a step to another device. Thus there are some methods such as collaboration and non-collaboration which are made by the wifi/Bluetooth which help them to keep the devices away interfering with each other. Most of the things have firmware in the devices and thus how finely they are implemented.

I am quite sure that you have isolated the mouse. Even I did the same thing. Even I had the same BT 5000 Notebook mouse, keyboard and even I had the same problem of improper connection with these two devices. Then I bought a new mouse called Rocketfish mouse from the Amazon. This mouse was working better than the previous one so I returned the Microsoft mouse. So you can try changing the mouse and your keyboard and hope it works for you.

I was easily able to dump your problem by taking the help of my S9 headset. I also tried to use different mouse including both the headsets. I removed all the devices switched off the Bluetooth connection and switched it on again. After reconnecting them again, my mouse and headset starting working well. Thus you may try disconnecting all the devices and connect other devices and check. Well it worked for me and I hope it work for you too.